Quantcast

Hey guess what?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
It was actually back in April.

We were walking through a vinyard owned by friends of ours in Healdsburg, a light rain was falling and we were walking along talking about the relationship her parents had (both now deceased) and that of my grandparents (still around thank god) and I stopped, stood in front of her and said "That is the kind of thing I want. how about you?" She replied, "Well yeah of course but..." and I grabbed her right hand and held it to my chest as I reached into my shirt pocket and pulled out a ring and placed it on her finger and said, "Then why dont we?" She just stared for a second then began to smile (the longest second of my life) and I said, "Will you mary me?" To which she replied "yes."

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Damn True said:
She just stared for a second then began to smile (the longest second of my life) and I said, "Will you mary me?" To which she replied "yes."
You're a brave man. When my husband proposed in a similar manner, I... hesitated longer than a second, and did not say yes.
But I got better... ;)

May God grant you both many many years!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
H8R said:
What is this, "Romance Week"??

Congrats!!
It usually comes right after Shark Week on Discovery Channel.

Congrats man damn true, got a date yet?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Congratulations on the good news.

But yea, seriously, seems like everyone is getting hitched. Is it the cool thing to do right now? If so I am going to go grab me a prostitute and get one of them marriage things.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Damn True said:
It was actually back in April.

We were walking through a vinyard owned by friends of ours in Healdsburg, a light rain was falling and we were walking along talking about the relationship her parents had (both now deceased) and that of my grandparents (still around thank god) and I stopped, stood in front of her and said "That is the kind of thing I want. how about you?" She replied, "Well yeah of course but..." and I grabbed her right hand and held it to my chest as I reached into my shirt pocket and pulled out a ring and placed it on her finger and said, "Then why dont we?" She just stared for a second then began to smile (the longest second of my life) and I said, "Will you mary me?" To which she replied "yes."
Am I supposed to be impressed or something? :p

You messed it ALL up! No down on one knee Mr. Can't propose properly!!!! :p

Huge congratulations are certainly in order, and I wish you the happiest of successes in your endeavor with this very lucky young lady!

And as a reminder, to all the old monkeys, you may remember my wedding day….. Ready for this?, It was 3 years ago this month!

DT, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE follow this HUGE piece of advise!!!!

DO NOT LOCK YOUR KNEES
AT THE ALTER!!!!

Trust me on this one!!!! Any and all married guys can vouch for this!

Congrats again!!!!!!!