Quantcast

Hey guys, Making a ‘Vouch For Me’ Thread For A Buyer On Pinkbike…

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Thoughts?
rocky mountain sued transition bikes over their tr450/250 frame design based on Rocky RM7/8/9 just because it was a linkage driven single pivot. As frivolous as it gets, I found out it about through a prior art proof discussion from another frame builder who they were too pussy to sue because they knew they'd lose. They went after the company they thought they could win in court over.

Throw that piece of shit in the trash and quit buying those things

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Actually, I had never heard that. It’s interesting, but honestly, those early Transitions were pretty shit, too, so I guess it never crossed my Radar.
My post has nothing to do with early frame quality and everything to do with a predatory litigious shitbag company that you keep buying bikes from.

I haven't bought a specialized since 2011 for many of the same reasons.

I had to dig up a bunch of old pictures of frames I owned and send them to the company they were too pussy to sue to prove large scale, consumer distributed prior art. Why? Because they wanted to do a favor for transition, zero monetary value.

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
rideit offered to show me around his locals. Freakin jerk!!!!!! How dare you?!

But then I heard he grows his own mushrooms. So now I have to go....you know, for the shrooms. Who goes to Wyo anyways?

:D

Last edited:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
rideit's top 3 told lies:

1) The truck is paid for
2) I won this belt buckle
3) I was only helping the sheep over the fence

:D

Admittedly, that is an old school cowboy joke.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I imagine Woo searching for his sense of purity in everything he gazes upon, and when he finds it, is full of wonder like viewing the backlit green halo or whatever in Pulp Fiction.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well understand, however, it plays a big factor in my decision making process.
They were loyal to me and my shop to a fault, they really supported it when I was broke. I am very grateful to how they stood by me.
The national sales manager is/was a Mensch, absolutely no BS.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well understand, however, it plays a big factor in my decision making process.
They were loyal to me and my shop to a fault, they really supported it when I was broke. I am very grateful to how they stood by me.
Next time start with this instead of "oh you so cute"

that's the same reason I ever bought a specialized anything. I literally couldn't have ever afforded this sport with the shit I broke regularly without relationships.

But the owners of that company kinda suck. There are lots of shop loyal brands that don't do that shit.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
It's late on a school night. Sorry I'm slow here....WTF are you guys talking about? I thought we were having fun

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
We chase off the 'wHaT fAnNy pAcK fOr rEaL eNdUrO" crowd and I'm damn proud of that.
Okay but jokes aside, you've been riding bikes for a long time, so surely you must have some thoughts on the subject. I've been looking for an upgrade and struggling to find something that fits the bill perfectly. It needs to be able to store 6 tallboys, as well as the 8 pound full toolset multitool with a bearing press. Is there something out there for me or do I need to spend 900 dollars and go custom so that I can show off to all my bikepacking buddies?

Also rideit sucks and you shouldn't buy bikes from him. I heard the dude likes his steak well done.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Okay but jokes aside, you've been riding bikes for a long time, so surely you must have some thoughts on the subject. I've been looking for an upgrade and struggling to find something that fits the bill perfectly. It needs to be able to store 6 tallboys, as well as the 8 pound full toolset multitool with a bearing press. Is there something out there for me or do I need to spend 900 dollars and go custom so that I can show off to all my bikepacking buddies?
You need a rickshaw.