Quantcast

Hey I'm new here. :)

trailmike

Chimp
Feb 18, 2013
Downingtown, PA
Hey I'm mike i'm 32 years old. Live in PA originally from NJ. Currently own a Raleigh Talus 4.0. Currently do recreational and trail riding. Can't do much with a hard tail 26". Want to buy a downhill bike in 3 years. How's everybody doing?

And here I'll start it off....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
3 years seems like quite the long term goal. Save some cash, buy a Nomad or the like and rip. Welcome. Don't let the riff raff scare you. They don't bite. Hard.

trailmike

Chimp
Feb 18, 2013
Downingtown, PA
Welcome. Why is a DH bike 3 yrs out? Do you fvck goats, drop acid or both?
Looking at a lot of the companies that make them (Turner, Kona, Giant) they seem out of my price range right now. I bought my Raleigh a year ago and wanna get the most out it, I also bought a new car (Subaru) in October, so I wanna pay that off before I buy something else expensive.

I don't fvck goats, I make sweet passionate love to them. Because I'm a gentleman. :)
Don't do acid, but I drink coffee and Monster to a point where it should be illegal.

trailmike

Chimp
Feb 18, 2013
Downingtown, PA
only good set of trails in that area is catty woods. everything else is mediocre at best. and catty ain't even mtb trails
Just looked into Catty woods, didn't know it was in Pottstown, which is like 20 min from me. When the weather is warmer, I wanna do the trails at Marsh creek, Schuylkill (sp?) trail into philly, and there is a ski resort that is a dh bike park in the summer about 40 minutes north of me, forget what it's called.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just looked into Catty woods, didn't know it was in Pottstown, which is like 20 min from me. When the weather is warmer, I wanna do the trails at Marsh creek, Schuylkill (sp?) trail into philly, and there is a ski resort that is a dh bike park in the summer about 40 minutes north of me, forget what it's called.
haven't been to marsh creek yet, but its the regular spot for one of my co-workers. french creek state park is a little farther northwest and is much better. i've been to these trails, and they're decent. no access to the firetower though, which is kinda lame. schuykill trail is boring as eff, decent scenery in some spots, sketchy in others (norristown). i really only ride it in the winter when the trails are too muddy or when the wife wants to go for a bike ride after work. the ski resort you are referring to is spring mt / launch bike park. haven't been there either, but by accounts from friends that have been there, if you're looking for actual DH trails look elsewhere. They were on their DH bikes but apparently a 4" travel all mountain bike would be sufficient for that place.