Quantcast

hey Indieboy and all u "I will never race FS" riders..

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
so whats up is it a weight issue?

Now dont get me wrong i love my HT and its the only I own light enough to race, but I feel with the new wave of efficnt XC dualys like the NRS or epic it seems the only penatly is an extra 2 pounds to a comparitey specd HT. also i would think that u would make up time decending.

but whatever im just wonderin:)

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i don't ride one for many reasons.......the first of which being i don't like all that much suspension to begin w/. don't get me wrong suspension is a very helpful component to helping me out. i like a solid rear end though, doesn't necessarily mean i want it to be stiff as hell. i like for my bikes to be stiff at the BB but give some vertical compliance. w/ the suppleness of the stays and the tubeless tires that's about all the suspension you'll ever need for XC racing IMO. and no i can out descend most ppl on my hardtail, that's yet another problem i have w/ full suspensions. i think that a lot of the FS bikes allow for ppl to get away w/ having no handling skills...

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by indieboy
i think that a lot of the FS bikes allow for ppl to get away w/ having no handling skills...
I have handling skills cuz i learned to MTB on a crappy FS mongoose where the rear suspension didn't even work.:D But it has grown still will FS cuz hitting rock gardens w/o picking a line still slows you down.i find it worth the extra couple of pounds, but i wouldn't if i had bob in the shock.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Ridemonkey
Indieboy lacks the physical strength to ride a heavier bike.

:monkey:
har har dork boy, that's cool i can take that. but it's not true you know it, i know it, we all know it. ;)

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
1. as Jamies coach i have to say the main reason he can descend fast is because he is, um how should i say... dense

2. the reason i have started to eschew suspension (both front and rear) is because I don't want to support the suspension manufacturer and media hype that pimps out the latest and the greatest every 9 months to the public.

Legs and lungs win races. equipment just sucks away your income and lulls you into a false sense of superiority.

The best finishes i had in a mtb races all year (second in a por-expert race in GA, second in a collegiate mtb race in Mass) were on a rigid 9 speed and cx bike respectively.

They were also the only mtb races i did all year, the reason being Im sick and tired of the hype, the posers and the lecherous promoters.
I guess that's why i have the handle capt. burntout

NRSracer

Jamis Slayer
Sep 7, 2001
Baltimore
Originally posted by Capt. Burntout
1. as Jamies coach i have to say the main reason he can descend fast is because he is, um how should i say... dense

2. the reason i have started to eschew suspension (both front and rear) is because I don't want to support the suspension manufacturer and media hype that pimps out the latest and the greatest every 9 months to the public.

Legs and lungs win races. equipment just sucks away your income and lulls you into a false sense of superiority.

The best finishes i had in a mtb races all year (second in a por-expert race in GA, second in a collegiate mtb race in Mass) were on a rigid 9 speed and cx bike respectively.

They were also the only mtb races i did all year, the reason being Im sick and tired of the hype, the posers and the lecherous promoters.
I guess that's why i have the handle capt. burntout
How do you train him from Massachusettes? :D :D :p

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
How do you train him from Massachusettes?

via the internet, phone.

we also meet up when i'm down south.

also when he freeloads on my couch for 2 weeks.

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland

Legs and lungs win races. .
OH yah for sure 100% agree with ya there...

Ive never heard of that kind of discription... but it sounds funny:D

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle

3. And IF does not make a FS yet, so my opinions may change in the future

:devil:

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
1. as Jamies coach i have to say the main reason he can descend fast is because he is, um how should i say... riding an Indie Fab.

2. the reason i have started to eschew suspension (both front and rear) is because Indie Fab doesn't make one.

Legs, lungs, and good ole fashion Independent Fabrication frames win races. Non-IF equipment just sucks away your income and lulls you into a false sense of superiority.

The best finishes i had in a mtb races all year (second in a por-expert race in GA, second in a collegiate mtb race in Mass) were on a rigid IF 9 speed and an IF cx bike respectively.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
OK everyone, I have to admit that I have been wanting to get into freeride/hucking lately. I'm trying to get IF to make a huck bike for me.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
OK everyone, I have to admit that I have been wanting to get into freeride/hucking lately. I'm trying to get IF to make a huck bike for me.
having your own site must be great, i mean changing everyone's posts and all must make you feel like god :devil:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Dirt rider
No really Indie would u ever wanna get into freeride, or is the spandex so tight now now you coulnt pull it off with a tractor?
if i had the $$ to build up an urban rig i would. i'd just build up a hardtail nothing stupid like those dumb hucking bikes or anything. that's actually how i got into riding, started out just going around atlanta w/ stinky just jumpin shiet and having fun. but i wouldn't drop racing for it.....i don't think it's that great, plus i'm just really competetive at heart.

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
if i had the $$ to build up an urban rig i would. i'd just build up a hardtail nothing stupid like those dumb hucking bikes or anything. that's actually how i got into riding, started out just going around atlanta w/ stinky just jumpin shiet and having fun. but i wouldn't drop racing for it.....i don't think it's that great, plus i'm just really competetive at heart.

yah same here all my ridin buddies are freeriders (I live in the city that wade simmons and richie shely where born and current home town of Dustin adams so oviosly everyone here is DH /FR or die) so i have a 5 inch travel dualy to ride round with my buds i just kept out climbing them and a few very lousy DH races made me pretty much wanna Race XC insted of doin the more popular thing.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Dirt rider
yah same here all my ridin buddies are freeriders (I live in the city that wade simmons and richie shely where born in and was for one year was at school with Dustin adams didnt know who he was but i found out a year later so oviosly everyone here is DH /FR or die) so i have a 5 inch travel dualy to ride round with my buds i just kept out climbing them and a few very lousy DH races made me pretty much wanna Race XC insted of doin the more popular thing.
who cares what the more popular thing is.......i mean as long as you enjoy it then that's what you should do. like i have told many ppl, i'm not gonna hold myself to one form of racing. if it's a bike i'll pretty much ride/ race it. well cept bmx.....lol but none the less if i'm on a bike riding then i'm happy and that's all i need.......

Thylacine

Monkey
May 9, 2002
Steve Irwins Bungalow
So Indie....how IS that IndyFab FS bike coming along? :) Maybe if they fail dismally, they can do a Sycip and bolt a Ventana rear end, or really innovate and licence the Maverick design? :devil: :D

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Thylacine
So Indie....how IS that IndyFab FS bike coming along? :) Maybe if they fail dismally, they can do a Sycip and bolt a Ventana rear end, or really innovate and licence the Maverick design? :devil: :D

ahaha, hey quit talkin bout Seven cycles like that, it's just not right man, not right at all. if they do something it will be noticable.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by NRSracer
I think they did a factory tour.

ohhhhhh, i think i know who wrote that up. he came in during the summer, had one of his bikes repainted. had this pimp ass cruiser that IF built for him, they did like 5 or 6 of em when they first opened and no more have been built since.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
if i had the $$ to build up an urban rig i would. i'd just build up a hardtail nothing stupid like those dumb hucking bikes or anything. that's actually how i got into riding, started out just going around atlanta w/ stinky just jumpin shiet and having fun. but i wouldn't drop racing for it.....i don't think it's that great, plus i'm just really competetive at heart. Unless, of course, Independent Fabrications builds an FS huckster, then I will head up the best urban competition team ever.
I forgot about this thread.