Quantcast

Hey! Jimbo the Biker!

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
OMG the shore was awesome i went with him. Incredible trails so much fun. I busted my der hanger halfway through on lower oilcan but it was still awesome riding.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Sweet! Hangers were made to be broken - so long as the wheel and/or derailleur don't get munched, all is well.
I need put some more time in on those trails before too long. For sure after I get my new rig up and running...........some time next month.

Sep 8, 2004
Hey,

The shore was freakin' killer. Oilcan was tons of fun. Probably still a bit beyond what I'm comfortable with, but a bit more practice and I'd have it.
Lower ladies on the other hand, thats just crazy steep stuff!

PERFECT conditions, perhaps just a bit loose rock, but damn near perfection in my book.

I can't wait to do it again.... maybe shuttle next time though. Fromme was a bit of a hike.

-James

Sep 8, 2004
A good push builds character, or something like that. I'm still a big fan of shuttles for sure though.
Hopefully I'll have many more trips to the shore this year.
But for now SST is still home.

-James.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
jimbo_the_biker said:
Hey,

The shore was freakin' killer. Oilcan was tons of fun. Probably still a bit beyond what I'm comfortable with, but a bit more practice and I'd have it.
Lower ladies on the other hand, thats just crazy steep stuff!

PERFECT conditions, perhaps just a bit loose rock, but damn near perfection in my book.

I can't wait to do it again.... maybe shuttle next time though. Fromme was a bit of a hike.

-James
I did the same trails yesterday. Crazy fun!

If you thought the hike was long try getting 2 hours of sleep then driving up from Seattle at 6:30am. As soon as we arrived we did 3 hours of trail work(carrying heavy A$$ rocks up steep trails) with the locals then hiked/rode up to Upper Oilcan. I was about to pass out on the side of Air Supply after flying and crashing down Upper Oilcan. :dead:

Sideshow Bob

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Squamish, BC
Langer said:
I did the same trails yesterday. Crazy fun!

If you thought the hike was long try getting 2 hours of sleep then driving up from Seattle at 6:30am. As soon as we arrived we did 3 hours of trail work(carrying heavy A$$ rocks up steep trails) with the locals then hiked/rode up to Upper Oilcan. I was about to pass out on the side of Air Supply after flying and crashing down Upper Oilcan. :dead:
Good on ya for pitching in: not too many folks are willing to interrupt their ride to help out with trail maintenance.

Sep 8, 2004
2 hours of sleep? I had 4, and I thought that was bad! Was on the road and biking from 5am - 9pm! We need to move the shore closer to seattle for sure.
We moved some rocks as well, but definately not 3 hours worth! Its great when people help with the trail maintenance. Its quite a nice set of trails, and built quite well. The rock work is quite impressive.

-James.