Quantcast

Hey legal monkeys...typos and sales?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So the Army and AF Exchange Service (AAFES) ran on online advert for a Dell laptop, normal price around $1K, on sale for something ridiculous like $25...a total typo. Who is liable and are they to be held to the conditions of the obvious typo in their ad?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
A friend of mine once bought a TLD D2 Carbon from Price Point for $1.25........they had $0 listed for the price, added it to the cart and all he paid was the mandatory $1.25 insurance fee. They fought tooth and nail to get their money and I believe even charged his card, but he denied the purchase.

That said, check fine print for notes about typos. Most retailers will have a little blurb about them to CTA.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
You saw that too huh? They caught it pretty quick and fixed it. I was just about to order 4 of them but they got to it before I could.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I heard about it from my wife first thing...you know the wives Mafia! Best info stream out there, and least reliable. But i was sitting at the clinic later and overheard 2 soldiers talking about it...one of them had grand plans of outfitting his whole family with them. Not so much...