Quantcast

Hey Lisa!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Echo said:
Y&T rocked!
I really hope they will play Barroom Boogie...remember that song? Woke up next morning with a trash can head! hahaha!

The singer, Dave Meneketti lives in Santa Clara, right around the corner from the club they are playing. Once they made that lame song Summertime Girls, they went downhill, but yeah...they were a great band and it should be a good time. I'm just hoping the crowd will be more entertaining than the crowd at Motely Crue...at MC 95% of the people were just regular...not many throwbacks...:( I love the throwbacks at those shows...they round things out to make a fun filled evening!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
Is Super Diamond just King Diamond with a cape?
HAHAHA! No...they are a Neil Diamond cover band...they are really funny...and they're actually good...their shows are a good time...provided you aren't an uptight a hole about music. They also play more than Neil Diamond songs. I love em and I cannot STAND Neil Diamond. The signer wears his polyester tab waisted pants hiked up really high like ND. HA! Here's their website: http://www.superdiamond.com/

Oh...and the singer is called 'Surreal Neil' :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
dh girlie said:
I'm just hoping the crowd will be more entertaining than the crowd at Motely Crue...at MC 95% of the people were just regular...not many throwbacks...:( I love the throwbacks at those shows...they round things out to make a fun filled evening!
I'm thinking Crue gets a lot of posers... but only true throwbacks will show up for a Y&T show :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
dh girlie said:
HAHAHA! No...they are a Neil Diamond cover band...they are really funny...and they're actually good...their shows are a good time...provided you aren't an uptight a hole about music. They also play more than Neil Diamond songs. I love em and I cannot STAND Neil Diamond. The signer wears his polyester tab waisted pants hiked up really high like ND. HA! Here's their website: http://www.superdiamond.com/

Oh...and the singer is called 'Surreal Neil' :D
Kinda like Dread Zeppelin but worse? :think:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
dh girlie said:
HAHAA! JUST el caminos? What about trans ams, firebirds (the one with the big bird on the hood) and camaros? So many opportunities to count stuff...mustaches...mullets...tight pairs of jeans...fringed jackets...HA!
overly made-up underage girls in next to nothing...splashes of yuke on the way to the door...puffs of smoke from the parking lot tree line...personalized fan plates...fuzz circling the lots in search of merrymakers...sleeveless concert tees...exposed belly rings/lingerie...pairs of CHiPs-style mirrored shades...big combs protruding from hip pockets...denim vests over black leather jackets...beers confiscated and poured out in front of their forlorn owners...backpatches...chain wallets...pairs of Bon Jovi jeans(ripped, acid-washed)...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
overly made-up underage girls in next to nothing...splashes of yuke on the way to the door...puffs of smoke from the parking lot tree line...personalized fan plates...fuzz circling the lots in search of merrymakers...sleeveless concert tees...exposed belly rings/lingerie...pairs of CHiPs-style mirrored shades...big combs protruding from hip pockets...denim vests over black leather jackets...beers confiscated and poured out in front of their forlorn owners...backpatches...chain wallets...pairs of Bon Jovi jeans(ripped, acid-washed)...

I don't think Y&T is going to attract anyone under 35. So probably a no go on the underage girls. I am sure we will see the 'uniform of the lead singers'. Thats always popular at these old rock shows. The 'uniform of the lead singers' consists of tight, black 501's that will never see a washing machine...not cuz the guys are dirty pigs, but more cuz they cannot compromise the intenseness of the blackness of their jeans...they absolutely CANNOT FADE, so they are taken to the dry cleaners rather than laundered...snakeskin cowboy boots made with the snakes that are white with gray and black scales, with a matching belt and a black leather vest with no shirt and they are almost always blond with a hair do resembling that of David Coverdale, complete with bangs. You always know this is the 'lead singer' of whatever band the wearer is in. Thankfully, for the most part, it's the guys that keep themselves in somewhat reasonable shape, so they are proud of their exposed physiques.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
dh girlie said:
I don't think Y&T is going to attract anyone under 35. So probably a no go on the underage girls. I am sure we will see the 'uniform of the lead singers'. Thats always popular at these old rock shows. The 'uniform of the lead singers' consists of tight, black 501's that will never see a washing machine...not cuz the guys are dirty pigs, but more cuz they cannot compromise the intenseness of the blackness of their jeans...they absolutely CANNOT FADE, so they are taken to the dry cleaners rather than laundered...snakeskin cowboy boots made with the snakes that are white with gray and black scales, with a matching belt and a black leather vest with no shirt and they are almost always blond with a hair do resembling that of David Coverdale, complete with bangs. You always know this is the 'lead singer' of whatever band the wearer is in. Thankfully, for the most part, it's the guys that keep themselves in somewhat reasonable shape, so they are proud of their exposed physiques.
Speaking of Coverdale, remember that old "In the Heat of the Night" video with Tawny Kitaen(sp?). :drool:

Never have I wanted to dent a Jaguar so badly as when she was grinding all up and down the hood like she had an itch, leaving slug trails in her wake. :drool:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
Speaking of Coverdale, remember that old "In the Heat of the Night" video with Tawny Kitaen(sp?). :drool:

Never have I wanted to dent a Jaguar so badly as when she was grinding all up and down the hood like she had an itch, leaving slug trails in her wake. :drool:
HAHAHAHAHAHA! oh and the songs called 'STILL of the Night'...

And her participation was in the video for 'Here I go Again...'

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Echo said:
Tawny used to be hot... last picture I saw of her she was pretty nasty.
I thought I saw a recent interview and she looked pretty good still...but I remember there was a period she went through where she looked like a train wreck. Maybe shes cleaned up her act, or my timelines f'd up...she also used to beat the crap outta David Coverdale and some baseball player she was married to.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
dh girlie said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA! oh and the songs called 'STILL of the Night'...

And her participation was in the video for 'Here I go Again...'
Well, at least one of us still has some memory cells left!

Neither Sidney Poitier nor Carroll O'Conner would have done that transparent dress justice. :)

And yes, you are correct about the name of the video, too. That part where Coverdale rubs his hand up her legs while she's sitting on the door hanging out the side of the Jag with the window down caused such a flight of blood from my upper extremities that the file must have been saved to the wrong directory...well, that or all the Tone Loc cheeba cheeba.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
fringed jackets...HA!
LOL, I still have mine, white leather fringe on demim. We called it the "Bon Jovi" Jacket. It was a very powerful tool used from 1988-1990 at the local bar scene. It all tied in with long hair, snake skin cowboy boots w/chain straps. Now I'm fat and bald.............Time sure does play a cruel trick on you :mumble: :think: :D :p

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Brian HCM#1 said:
LOL, I still have mine, white leather fringe on demim. We called it the "Bon Jovi" Jacket. It was a very powerful tool used from 1988-1990 at the local bar scene. It all tied in with long hair, snake skin cowboy boots w/chain straps. Now I'm fat and bald.............Time sure does play a cruel trick on you :mumble: :think: :D :p
Shut up! You still have that jacket for real??? Can I borrow it Friday night??? I think it would be hilarious to show up wearing that...