Quantcast

Hey Loco

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
If you are gonna ride cameron park in the the future post up. Feels like we need an austin road trip.
how far is Austion from where i am? I don't have a car currently, but once i get settled i'd totally be up for a road trip ride. :happydance:

Hi Lisa. You should have been out for our ride, breakfast and beer.
i would have but you'd have had to come pick me up. :brows:

ANYHOW...had my first official ride at RCP yesterday with some of my buddies. and today we head out shortly for Johnson Branch State Park for a bike club group ride.

yesterday was a good ride. no crashing...wrapped my arm around a tree to keep from falling once though. the trails here are so different compared to what i am used to riding. for a state that prides itself on "everything is bigger"...forgot to adhere the statement to the trails. :banghead: RCP is a narrow single track lined with stupid ass tight trees beggin' to be hit. the trail has spots where it comes butt up against the edge of some bone-breakin (if not bruise making) drops should you falter. and lots of rollercoaster ride type dips to keep your heartrate up. my first ride was a bit unnerving and clearly got the best of me before my endurance. but i'm hoping with somemore good rides (RCP will be the local trail for me to hit regularly) i will shake off those nerves and be able to ride it with confidence soon enough. have no idea what to expect for JB state park...but just meeting people and riding with people i've only talked to through the forum will be a blast...and today my boy gets to try out Texas trail riding as well. i've been told this trail can kick some *ss...but that there are plenty of spots to ride for noobs. we shall see.

later monkeys!!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
how far is Austion from where i am? I don't have a car currently, but once i get settled i'd totally be up for a road trip ride. :happydance:
Cameron Park is in the great city of Wacko.:busted: That's a little over 2hrs from where you are.

edit -- Austin is probably 4-5 hrs.

yesterday was a good ride. no crashing...wrapped my arm around a tree to keep from falling once though. the trails here are so different compared to what i am used to riding. for a state that prides itself on "everything is bigger"...forgot to adhere the statement to the trails. RCP is a narrow single track lined with stupid ass tight trees beggin' to be hit. the trail has spots where it comes butt up against the edge of some bone-breakin (if not bruise making) drops should you falter.

That would be why it is called singletrack. Since we don't have any hills, we have to make the trails as twisty and technical as we can.