Quantcast

HEY. Look at me.... Finally a bike related post.... My pike....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Last nights upgrades: Pike Race, Supercharger, New ODI's. I will have to get some reflective red sticker material to "metal" out my pike for my own flavor.

First what it replaced.....

Bike shots......

Gratuitous shot of my work shop.....

Been sick, but hoping to get a short ride on it this weekend maybe.......

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
You need to have a talk with Ethan....I wish our garage looked that good!!! :rolleyes: Nice bike! :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
t-

yea, from work. (BTI). had b-day$$ in pocket, had to spend.... or else piss it away on hos and beer... i mean ho-hos and bear... :)

Ive gotten in trouble because i clean my shop so well, but not the house.... meh....

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
oly said:
Ive gotten in trouble because i clean my shop so well, but not the house.... meh....

Ha, I get that too. My problem is that I have 2 shops. My machine shop is all clean and orginized but the bike shop is just piles of tools and parts on the bench/floor. I shouldn't complain. I do have 2 shops.

You bike makes me want to ride my trail bike. It's been sooo long.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
buildyourown said:
Ha, I get that too. My problem is that I have 2 shops. My machine shop is all clean and orginized but the bike shop is just piles of tools and parts on the bench/floor. I shouldn't complain. I do have 2 shops.

You bike makes me want to ride my trail bike. It's been sooo long.
Falls such a great trail bike time..... in a few weeks ill be hitting it hard.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Please give a full review about the new fork!! I have a Giant AC air with a DJ II and was looking into the Pike or Fox 36 so I could shed a few pounds. What is estimated bike weight? Looks great.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Langer,

Last check my bike was under 33lbs i think.... i forget. Im a big guy so i tend ro run heavier parts than most, and big springs. Ill give a good review once ive had some time and get ti set up for my weigh properly......

the pike will be the much cheaper way to go.... the 36 is going to be 8-900 bucks! i think the pike is at around 450! Wait till january and there will be an air pike also...... see the pinkbike news section for the press release on that one..... its a few weeks old now....

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Nice fork! And holy crap that is cleaner than my room!!!!!!!

Maybe we can ride sometime. I put road tires on my xc bike though, so maybe I'll ride the DH.

It's great being 17 and havin UNLIMITED energy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
ioscope said:
Nice fork! And holy crap that is cleaner than my room!!!!!!!

Maybe we can ride sometime. I put road tires on my xc bike though, so maybe I'll ride the DH.

It's great being 17 and havin UNLIMITED energy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I recall seeing a very tired 17 year old after a xc ride a couple weeks ago!!! Sorry, I can't help but rub it in! :evil:

Jun 18, 2004
oly said:
Gratuitous shot of my work shop.....
Nice bike... but I like your shop better... anybody else got any shop pics?... I plan on buying a house in the next year or so... therefore home bike shops are cool to me... I have to get by w/a the machine shop at work, (which has almost every tool known to man, exept bike tools, which I bring w/me), and my living room, and deck... (I live in a 725 ft^2 aptmt).... I'm intrested in how that Pike fork works out for ya and I'll wait for the reviews...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
smedford said:
Very nice shop, I have a bunch of rotor-less wheels hanging around myself. What do you do with those things?
Thanks. Well, the 2 wheel sets are for my DH bike. Once is my lighter race set, and the other my whistler, heavy abouse set. My bike is down for repair so i hung the wheels. The stuff in the back is mostly tires. I save them for the swap meet and sell em for 5 bucks.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Str8OutaBallard said:
Nice bike... but I like your shop better... anybody else got any shop pics?... I plan on buying a house in the next year or so... therefore home bike shops are cool to me... I have to get by w/a the machine shop at work, (which has almost every tool known to man, exept bike tools, which I bring w/me), and my living room, and deck... (I live in a 725 ft^2 aptmt).... I'm intrested in how that Pike fork works out for ya and I'll wait for the reviews...
First Owning a home is cool, even more when you have a shop. My last place had a 10 x 8 shed that served as my shop. I couldnt have more than 2 people over... and even then it waas tight.

Ive done one trail ride so far on the pike. It was really quite nice. My HT slacked to 68 at max travel, and is 70.2 degrees at the 95mm setting. Stiffness was very noticable over my 30mm legged Z1. Maxle is insanly easy and fast. The damping controls work, but i still need to learn the best setup. You can control how locked out you want the fork when you flip the lever. Even when maxxed out on compression the fork will still give so its not a fully rigid lock. With the flood gate you can back off the lock to be firm enough for climbing, but still supple. To me its like haveing SPV that isnt so harsh. The fork is still under sprung for me, but i was able to mess with the gate setting to make it rideable. I also couldnt bottom the fork. Its like theres either some real progressive setup, or a real good BO bumper. For example ive jumped on stock forks from manitou (black, flick) and fox (vanilla), and could put my weight into them and make them clunk. For some reason the pike doesnt do this. Im planning on ordering the next step up on spring not going to the Xtra heavy as suggested in the manual. (the X heavies are out of stock) As i get more time i will for sure say more.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Str8OutaBallard said:
The only reason I bought a house was to get the 350sqft shop AND full basement. It's tough to find anything that big in the city though. I looked for awhile before I found it.