Quantcast

Hey Mag lovers...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I was stoked about the new graphite tuffs, but it turns out they aren't any lighter than the plastic ones... just less flex. That's good, but I was hoping they'd be a lot lighter.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Perhaps they'll lose a few ounces when they go to the planned 5 spoke "T" design over the 6 spoke "H"...?
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the new graphites have the "T" design. I think the T vs the H refers to the spline design of the spokes, not how many spokes. As far as I know, all 20s are 5 spoke and 24s are 7 spoke.

That thread was from the beginning of 2008. They already have made and sold a batch of 24" graphites. They are sold out now, but still available on ebay for about $320 a set.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Hmm...the twofours were always 6 spoke, weren't they? Doesn't really matter...prob won't make that much of a difference. Would be pretty sweet to roll around on a set of 24" Tuffs that look like Tuffs, though... I only need a dedicated coffee cruiser...something stylish to fetch my Sunday morning wake-up on! Maybe pull a few moves ala- "Rad" on the way...