Quantcast

Hey maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
Bummer!

The picture caption just says the firefighter is battling the blaze.

Here's what the ol' firewall says about BugMeNot.com:

The Site You Are Trying To Access Is Prohibited
Category: "Criminal Skills;Phishing"

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Firefighters just extinguished a house fire on the 600 block of Museum Drive in the Eastover neighborhood.

The fire started around 10 a.m. Wednesday. More than 35 firefighters responded to the call and there were a few tense moments as firefighters fought the flames.

“Part of the attic pretty much exploded with fire as we had hoses in place,” Captain Rob Brisley of the Charlotte Fire Department said.

Firefighters were forced back out of the house until they could put more water on the blaze and they were eventually able to contain it.

The fire took about 45 minutes to contain despite the fact firefighters were on the scene within five minutes. Brisley said the home’s construction slowed down their progress because they couldn’t see the smoke or fire through the plaster walls.

The homeowners said they had been having electrical problems and Duke Power and some contractors had recently visited the home to try and get to the root of the problem.

“Well, that is going to be our first look, is to see if there were any utility problems. We have notified a city electrical inspector who is going to work side-by-side with the fire investigation task force,” said Brisley.

He said the team would be able to determine the source of the fire but everything on the scene points to this being an accidental fire.

The homeowners were able to get out safely. In fact one of the homeowners was going out for a jog and saw the smoke and called 911.

The homeowner’s three children are also safe because they were at school.

6NEWS reporter Anna Crowley contributed information used in this report.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
looks like my neighborhood on tuesday
my neighbor's house went ablaze

i took copious pictures, but theyre not dialup friendly. i havent felt like scaling them down.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
DRB said:
So did you call 911 before or after the pictures?
nah, the firetrucks are what woke me up. i had tuesday off and wanted to sleep in. to my dismay i hear the sirens blaring from 3 different COs at 7.30. i look out the window and thought it was just really foggy out, but it was smoke.
flames billowing out of the windows, firemen on teh roof, the whole 9 yards; it was pretty cool. they got it under control in about a half hour. everyone made it out OK.