Quantcast

Hey Mountain Bike Weekend (PA) veterans...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Went last year for the first time with a few people... going again this year with a similar group.

Last year we had a hard time finding trails to ride - anyone have info/maps/directions I could check out for some good riding? I'm not so much concerned about trail maps as I am about finding the trail itself.

Anyone ever done one of the MBW group rides? How are they? I was thinking about heading out with one of those groups to find the trails, then breaking off from the larger group... is that a good idea or no? Stosh - whatda think?

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
You can get the guide to mtn biking in PA which will have maps of the trails up in Thorpe. I have actually been up there a few times and used the guide book to find a trail or two. You can do group rides also, people will be more than kind enough to show you the way around. Just be careful if you get in the switch backs, it's easy to get lost back there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
It's "mountain bike weekend" and you had a hard time finding trails?

:think:
There were trails all over the place however we were a little weary to just hop on some trails we were unsure of.