Quantcast

Hey Narlus!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
doh! worked late, got home, ate dinner, and forgot all about it. might be going out w/ the wife tonight, but i will try to make a point to remember.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Muchos Gracias - I think I might need to run a different Stem due to top cap issues. That Syncros must have had it's own angled top cap at one time eh? I may put on a Easton EA 70 - sorta looks like they based the EA 70 on the Syncros design anyway.

I also put an email in to Ted about replacement parts, bushings etc. etc. But no answer from hime yet. I suspsect he's not a huge email user so I may pick up the phone and give him a buzz.

Thanks again sir!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
damn i forgot about the angled top cap. yeah, that's a necessity for running that stem. i'll that to my treasure hunt list of items to locate.

definitely call ted, much more reliable.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Syncros stems do you use an angled top cap and they are made out of plastic and are prone to having the bottom pull through making your stem pretty much useless...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I think the metal caps go back to pre-GT ownership of Syncros. That's when they still made nice stuff like my old 27.2 Ti seatpost. I wonder if the new/old Syncros owners are offering replacement parts for the old components?

look up, eh! is good but I still like the GF top caps that read "all work and no play is no good at all" in a complete circle that starts and ends with "all". I think there is a name for that but I can't remember, kinda like a palindrome or whatever...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
NICE! I have one of those caps on each of my bikes for when I feel like I'm having a bad ride to remind me that a bad ride is still better than work. I have a black one on my Enduro and a red one on my Humu Humu Nuku Nuku Apu'A, plus a red one on my GF's bike. :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I love how my Yeti has Faster, Faster, Faster on the top tube. Usually when I follow that advice I end up in the ER.