Quantcast

Hey, Need some help assembling my Jump bike, Please.

Grass hopper

Chimp
Jun 13, 2012
Hey forum, I need help assembling my bike, PLEAASE.

I'm a newbie to assembling bikes from scratch, But i'm pretty handy with tools and have ridden bikes my whole life.
So I mainly need help in getting the right parts for my bike frame.
Obviously I need parts that fit, But I'm unsure what parts will fit my bike. So far the job is proving to be a pain in the but,
Because google isn't helping, the local bike shop didn't help either, as soon as they figured out that I wasn't interested in buying their overpriced gear they virtually switched off.

To make matters a tiny bit harder, I live In Poland and I'm not yet %100 literate in the Polish language, and I'm looking to buy the parts on a Polish similar to ebay.

All help will be TRULY and GREATLY Appreciated (as always)

This is the bike I have. (the frame) It's a 13" frame

Da bomb - Grenade

Bottom Bracket

Right now I'm stuck on the bottom bracket. Because I don't know what to get?

I use this site, and the link leads to the bottom brackets listed in order of lowest price first:
Code:
http://allegro.pl/czesci-suporty-16440?order=p

This one should fit, right???
Code:
http://allegro.pl/suport-wklad-deone-127-mm-lozyska-maszynowe-i2368625100.html

rear derailleur

I also need help with the rear derailleur, As I don't know anything. Actually, I know you can get derailleur's with shorter arms, and since I'm going to use this bike for dirt jumping I think a shorter arm is a good idea, right?

Gyro brake complications

I would prefer to get Gyro brakes. Though my bike doesn't have the little stopper things welded on that hold the cables for a gyro, I think it shouldn't be too much of a problem to get around that (hopefully).
But, at this moment I really just want to start riding the bike, so gyro brakes can wait, but, I would like to fit them eventually.

Continued-
At the moment I have a fork Half fitted with a stem, but there is no bolt on top of the fork. I know what I need to buy, except that what I have in mind is not compatible with a gyro brake kit.
I need a bolt (the bolt that goes on top of the fork, above the stem) with a hole through the middle, so that I can run the front brake cable through the fork, But I have no idea what cap to get.

Last edited: