Quantcast

Hey, nobody has a birthday today...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I could have sworn it was just about everybody's birthday today, but apparently not.

So... I've got this birthday cake, sitting here, and I've got nobody to give it to... What a waste.

Happy birthday, Nobody :)

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Muchas gracias, amigos!

Since Brian HCM#1 got seconds, but it is the Lounge after all, I'll have to x-post...

Dinner tonight will be compliments of Mr. Susur Lee. Oh yeah, baby...

The restaurants...
The Bio...

...mmmm... no limits!

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
binary visions said:
I could have sworn it was just about everybody's birthday today, but apparently not.
That's a little creepy, now that i look at it.

Some guy registered before me in 2001 with a similar name and the same birthday, then disappeared...

oddness.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
narlus said:
wow!

i like the idea of the tasting menu reducing portion sizes as you go. very good idea.
Yeah, been there once before, last summer. You walked away feeling like you'd had the best food ever, but could still go dancing 'til 2 [which, natch, i did!]

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Nobody said:
Yeah, been there once before, last summer. You walked away feeling like you'd had the best food ever, but could still go dancing 'til 2 [which, natch, i did!]
i forget the chef, but he was commenting about the size of the portions he served (predictably, they weren't typical AMERICAN-sized and some people were grousing about the relative food to $ ratio). he said something along the lines that he wanted to deliver the best meal possible, and have people be able to eat a 3 course meal and still make love to their old lady later on that night.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
narlus said:
i forget the chef, but he was commenting about the size of the portions he served (predictably, they weren't typical AMERICAN-sized and some people were grousing about the relative food to $ ratio). he said something along the lines that he wanted to deliver the best meal possible, and have people be able to eat a 3 course meal and still make love to their old lady later on that night.
One of the linch-pins of my cooking filosofy is this: proportions are key!

Especially where sex is later involved!

Stay tuned for more details about the food/sex thing - that's my Magnum Opus, i think...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Dinner was a series of tastes... Small dishes similar to the Spanish ‘tapas’ that we all shared around in a couple of other lovely places...

Lessee – what did we have?

1. Tomato and Beet salad with blue cheese dressing and browned sugar cane with caramelized walnuts. [nice]
2. Mushroom dumpling gratin with red pepper, olives, capers and feta cheese. [gorgeous]
3. Orzo sauté with crab, brown butter, spinach, pine nuts, shredded egg, ginger and scallions. [delightful]
4. Caramelized black cod with Cantonese preserves. [the best of the bunch – must learn!]
5. Wild Salmon ceviche with radish, jicama, cucumber, soya bean and lime juice. [fantastic]
6. Four Satay skewers (chicken, shrimp, pork and beef) with mint chutney, peanut and tamarind sauces. [triple yum]
7. Pork tenderloin with corn compote, bbq sauce, and tempura onion rings. [fantastical!]

To drink – Blue Margueritas – Tequila, Blue Curacao, lime juice, ice.

After dinner, Port Wine and [in a different cup!] Espresso with cream and sugar [I’m a heathen, I know – yet another coffee unlike any other - i'm just a loon that way - never the same coffee twice.]