Quantcast

Hey open wheel racing fans...

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
jet said:
this is the series that is replacing F3000?

I think the all black makes the car even sexier.

I would love to drive one of those or an F1.
GP2 is replacing F3000. A1 is being touted as an "alternate" series more that a feeder one like F3000 is/was. Kind of like how CART used to be. I hear races will be run off-season from F1 though.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
damn thats one hot car.
i've never heard of this A1 racing before, i just checked out the website and damn the A1GP championship sounds like its gonna rule, one driver from each participating nation, all in equal cars with NO electronic aids(WOO HOOO about bloody time), its gonna be down to pure 100% driver skill, i can tell you this i WILL be following this when it starts.

i wonder if this will be the ultimate stepping stone to formula 1 producing an unstoppable breed of racers.

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Steve45, I'm with you on the "no electronic aids" (Woot!!). But what's cool about F1 is how each team designs its car based on the interpretation of the rules (ummm, and their budget :p ). Anyway, I hope I can catch a few races on cable somewhere. As far as a stepping stone, I doubt it. The continental F3000/GP2 and F3 series are still likely to be the feeders. Think of this as a European CART-like series -- you'll see some up-and-comings, but probably more drivers who couldn't land/keep and F1 drive.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
are they going through with the 1 engine for 2 races rule as well? and one set of tires for the qualifying and race? i heard a lot of talk about this but never heard anything concorete.
i know they mean well by it but i think its getting a bit out of hand.

i agree with you about F1.
F1 is supposed to be the pinnical of motor racing, but with some of these rules there gonna bring in its holding back the sport too much, well at least temporarily until they find ways to get around the restrictions.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
The thing with the rules in F1 is that the cars have gotten so fast that the tracks can't hold them and the runnoffs aren't big enough. A safety issue. F1 can't afford to loose another drive like they did with Senna.

Side note: the Laguna Seca CART race is this weekend. But I'll be at the SF GP watching the Euro pros race US pros in the Streets of San Francisco.