Quantcast

hey parental monkeys!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A good friend of mine back east has a little girl who is about to turn 1yr. Seeing how I work at a toy company, I wanna send her a little something. In terms of ages for infant/toddler toys, would a something labeled 6mo+ be ok for a 1y/o?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Maybe, it depends on what it is and the smarts of the child. Those are just a guide, but sometimes are either way off, or the kid is a brick.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
actually I do wanna send something musical. My buddy plays a lot of guitar and is really into music, so something musical for his little girl would be fitting. I can get a discount on Fisher Price stuff because they are a subsidiary of the company I work for, and there's this light-up keyboard thing they have that's rated 6mo+. I figured something like this would be alright.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Just to annoy the hell out of my sister I would send my nephew Pokeman crap with audio quotes, the more annoying the recording the more likely it was that I would buy it. :)

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Sure, but it's for a girl, so don't send a baby dump truck. My kid loved musical toys at that age and still does.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
My 1yr old got a drum & musical toys for her b-day and really likes them. Actually, it came with a bunch of other musical instrument inside it. She really like the maracas. Something like this...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
It really does depend on the kid. My daughter (just turned 2) is enjoying toys that are 3+ and has been quite a bit a head. There are several different basic rhythm percussion kits that would provide hours of entertainment.

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
How about a copy of Goodnight Moon? Yeah, I read where you work for a toy company, but I still love reading that to my daughter, even though she's reading Junie B. Jones to herself now. Can't go wrong with the classics.
- Joe

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
My 1yr old got a drum & musical toys for her b-day and really likes them. Actually, it came with a bunch of other musical instrument inside it. She really like the maracas. Something like this...
I was going to suggest something like this as well! What kid doesn't want to bang on something? Ewan's whole world is a drum set right now!

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
That was all I wanted as a child. I ended up with a HUUUUUUGE box full by the time I was 12. For a one year old, ehhhh not sure because there are tons of small pieces, so it would depend on how paranoid of a parent you are. Plus, I think a 1 year old is still putting everything into his/her mouth.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That was all I wanted as a child. I ended up with a HUUUUUUGE box full by the time I was 12. For a one year old, ehhhh not sure because there are tons of small pieces, so it would depend on how paranoid of a parent you are. Plus, I think a 1 year old is still putting everything into his/her mouth.
:stupid:

I agree that 1 is probably young. In a couple years though...