Quantcast

Hey Portland riders!

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Hey how's it goin? I'm from San Diego, and I'm going to be in Portland for 3 days, Friday through Sunday, on a work/leisure trip. I'm bringing my bike with me and wanna go riding. I heard there is some awesome trails nearby, and I'd also like to get in on some urban riding. I've only been riding for 3 months and I mainly do DH and some urban riding, and sometimes I'll venture into some XC. I'll be staying downtown right near the river, not exactly sure where at, but somewhere in that area. I know there are supposed to be chances of rain this weekend, but if any of you are down for some riding, and showin me around, that would be bad ass! Let's go ride!

~Patrick~

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
I'll be out at post canyon on saturday, which is in Hood River. If you can make it out there, me and my buds will show you around. We will be hitting up the stunts and drops.

Post here by friday if you're interested.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Post Canyon, I'll have to find out where that's at! But I'm down for that. Do you guys DJ at all, is that what you mean by stunts? I've been doing alot of that lately, since I can't really take my bike on too gnarly of DH. I'm riding on a P.O.S. Giant NRS XTC3, w/ a Rock Shox Psylo. I do a lot on that bike, the biggest drop I've done on it, was 4 ft, that was while I was doin some urban riding. I'm not really sure if the SID air shock can handle to much more. It's only got a weak 3.75" of rear travel. But hell, I've done a lil bit of everything on it, DH, FR, XC, DJ, and Urban. I'll be gettin a Sinister R9 or Splinter MX in August, and I'll be taking that to Mammoth, and hopefully Whistler before the end of the year. Alright bro, catch ya later!

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Hey Alex966.....had two riders bail on the trip plans so it's down to one vehicle right now, which means unless you can meet us out there to shuttle then we are not going. I plan on using my truck to shuttle up, so just need another rig to get back up to my truck.

Also, the trails that we plan on hitting up there include many ladder bridge to tranny drops, all within the 4' - 8' range :D and log rides to skinnies so don't know if you're up for that kind of riding with the bike you got. Let me know by friday night if you still would like to go, otherwise, my bud and I will be choosing somewhere else to ride on saturday. Thanks bro

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
Hey I ride and live near downtown. I'll probably be driving to Post Canyon if I can come up with some money for gas. I'm so poor. :(

I rode Meldrum Bar yesterday, where the best dirt jumps are. All the best riders were there too. Great place.

Let me know if you want to get together, it'd be cool if we all met up. I've even got a spare DH bike.

Tim

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
eknomf said:
Hey I ride and live near downtown. I'll probably be driving to Post Canyon if I can come up with some money for gas. I'm so poor. :(

I rode Meldrum Bar yesterday, where the best dirt jumps are. All the best riders were there too. Great place.

Let me know if you want to get together, it'd be cool if we all met up. I've even got a spare DH bike.

Tim
Hey Tim,
Thanks for the reply, however, things just aren't working out for heading down there this weekend. Seems to happen when g/f get involved sometimes.
I'm sure I'll be hitting pc up at some other time this summer, so I'll definitely keep you in mind.

Thanks again

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Sorry I didn't get back to you guys on Friday, but some unexpect changes to my schedule occured, and got tied up with between work and some meetings w/ friends. It looks like I won't get to enjoy the fresh air of the Portland area on my bike, this trip. Maybe the next time, I'll have a better scope on my scheduling. Thanx guys for postin here and inviting me to ride w/ u guys! Peace and Ride on!

Patrick