Quantcast

Hey Roadies

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Hi guys & gals,

I ride a lot of xc but I would like a road bike. What is available on the cheap for road bike with drop bars? I want to spend under 700,

thanks,

RR

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
http://jamisbikes.com/usa/bikes/06_bikes/06satellite.html

2005-06 on clearance, NOS.

end of discussion ;)

Here's what you want:
steel frame with carbon or steel fork. A bike like this will make a great commuter bike when you decide you want the bling bling roadie that you'll keep for 20 years.

Unless you're willing to drop $200 just on a professional measuring and get geometry numbers for your body and buy the right bike ($2000+) now, just spend as little as possible.

I would definitely look for touring or commuter bikes that also double as a roadie.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i agree with opie . the jamis sounds like a good deal .listen to opie m*therf*cker is like mcgayver , no m*therf*cker's better then mcgayver.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
So wow, I have been riding to school on a early 90's Miyata road bike
with 27 inch wheels.

Commute is just under 10 miles each way.

I love it. The only problem I am have is that the 10 dollar Forte (performance tire) gives way when I corner to fast.

Oh, wait there is more. The rear hub on this bike is shot. It's rough & has high rolling resistance.
Can I use an old mountain 26 inch hub?

The rear rim is also plagued by two flat spots, where can i get a 27 inch rim for cheap?

OH, also, it has an integrated stem, is there any way I can covert it thread less headset, stem ? The stem is just too short for me.
I would have to buy a new fork, but my bike is so large, 63 that I would need a fork with a super long steerer & it would need to fit a 27 inch wheel.

Where can i find some thing like that?

Thanks for your help

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
So wow, I have been riding to school on a early 90's Miyata road bike
with 27 inch wheels.

Commute is just under 10 miles each way.

I love it. The only problem I am have is that the 10 dollar Forte (performance tire) gives way when I corner to fast.

Oh, wait there is more. The rear hub on this bike is shot. It's rough & has high rolling resistance.
Can I use an old mountain 26 inch hub?

The rear rim is also plagued by two flat spots, where can i get a 27 inch rim for cheap?

OH, also, it has an integrated stem, is there any way I can covert it thread less headset, stem ? The stem is just too short for me.
I would have to buy a new fork, but my bike is so large, 63 that I would need a fork with a super long steerer & it would need to fit a 27 inch wheel.

Where can i find some thing like that?

Thanks for your help
Um..., Bill? Is that you?