Quantcast

Hey SDH...

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Ian, we've got to get together sometime in the near future and do some riding/catching up. SDH, Brett, and I are down for anything (xc, dj, dh, etc) and are willing to travel!!! Might even be able to talk BigRichDL into getting out on the dh bike again........tho he's not so "Big" anymore!

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Ian, we've got to get together sometime in the near future and do some riding/catching up. SDH, Brett, and I are down for anything (xc, dj, dh, etc) and are willing to travel!!! Might even be able to talk BigRichDL into getting out on the dh bike again........tho he's not so "Big" anymore!
Definitely. Would love to do another w/e riding session. Shuttling on Sat and DJ'ing on Sunday. Although I'm so rusty at jumps it might be scary... :disgust:

Yep - both are diesels. Jetta and the Dodge...

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i have a golf tdi, i just took my cat and muffler
out! not it sounds like the trucks around here
in texas. it rules.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Were it not so wickedly frigid, it'd be fun to have a 'shed reunion of sorts complete with all the old timers including PeeWee & his big bro whose name escapes me now due to herbal memory purge. We could tear down Gambrill Mountain on the black trail to the campground and piss off all the dogwalking picklepushers. :biggrin:

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
all the old timers including PeeWee & his big bro whose name escapes me now due to herbal memory purge. QUOTE]

You mean Big John??? He actually emailed SDH a couple of months ago expressing some interest in getting another bike, but I am not sure it ever made it any farther than just talk. He may still be floating around on here though.

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
wait, do you guys still ride??? :biggrin:

me = kettle y'all = pot
Been riding alot.

Although usually local, Wake-o-tinck, fountain head etc.........Took a few trips to gambril but only for about 2 hours. It is tough to blow a whole day up there.
I still want to ride one of stiff's epic all day death march trail rides one of these days...................

Ian F let me know when you are ready. I still need to get up there and ride the Bear Creek XC course. That was one of the most technical XC courses I rode in a looong time. I also heard french creek is really good.

In the spring I want to put together a NY trail ride trip together. they have some awesome trails up there. Tommy build a few so you know what to expect!

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Ian F let me know when you are ready. I still need to get up there and ride the Bear Creek XC course. That was one of the most technical XC courses I rode in a looong time. I also heard french creek is really good.

In the spring I want to put together a NY trail ride trip together. they have some awesome trails up there. Tommy build a few so you know what to expect!
Sounds good. I know French Creek fairly well. Some nice stuff there. Kinda like Patapsco and Wissahickon. My personal favorite is probably Jim Thorpe. Would be nice to slide DeJesus a couple of twenties and get him to show me the Stripmine loop again. Some nice stuff on Broad Mtn and Mauch Chunk ridge as well.

Fair Hill down in DE isn't bad either - although bring your HT for that. Frankie (remember her?) loves that place... she has converted to 29'ers...

I am familar with XC at Bear Creek. Some of my first XC races were there back in '91/92. Fun stuff on a rigid fork.

Gotta get off my duff and send my XC forks back to 'zoke for a rebuild...

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
i have a golf tdi, i just took my cat and muffler out! not it sounds like the trucks around here
in texas. it rules.
Sound like fun... can't do that around here... instant inspection fail... which actually reminds me to take a look and see if the truck still has its cat.. might be a problem...

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
Sounds good. I know French Creek fairly well. Some nice stuff there. Kinda like Patapsco and Wissahickon. My personal favorite is probably Jim Thorpe. Would be nice to slide DeJesus a couple of twenties and get him to show me the Stripmine loop again. Some nice stuff on Broad Mtn and Mauch Chunk ridge as well. ...
Ian - I'd love to ride Mauch Chunk! I've never been there but that's where my coal mining vodka swilling Slavic-Ruthenian side of my family is from. Been meaning to get up there and do the roots thing. Right now I have a steel XC HT and an AM bike is still in the works. DH of course but I hear that area is not DH friendly.

SDH - Elizabeth Furnace tech XC/AM riding still in effect, usually Buzzard Rock and/or the gaps. Once the snow clears look for a Satday announcement. Time is tough these days for me.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Elizabeth Furnace tech XC/AM riding still in effect, usually Buzzard Rock and/or the gaps. Once the snow clears look for a Satday announcement. Time is tough these days for me.

Stiff, is this one of those slow climb to teh top and bomb back down type of rides??? I'm all in if that's the case!