Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
University Place is done, open, and Bike Friendly Unless you already knew

Click the pics for bigger ones

The "Itermediate" Area - Taken from the Mini Ramp Deck

The Mini Ramp Area

Another view of the Intermediate Area along with the Micro Area

The "Advanced Bowl" and another angle of the Intermediate Area in the Background

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
whoa! I had no idea, thanks for the heads up!

I actually took my skateboard to a park a few weeks ago. it was a good time. too many hobbies sucks. :D

where is this place?

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Southwest of Tacoma.

Take the S. 56th St exit from I-5. Head West on 56th. It turns into Cirque Dr. and curves around a bit when you enter University Place. Stay on it until you see the park (5-10 minutes depending on how many light you hit).

It has some kinks which make it suck for skating but the BMX guys are killing the place. It is crash up derby during busy times.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
cool, thanks.

it sucks that the cement is kinked but on one hand it's kinda good. it gives the bmx/bike kids someplace to go that is pretty big instead of pissing of skaters at non-bike friendly places.

Yea, I can imagine the danger factor that place gets when it gets crowded.

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
Jesus!

The northwest gets all the cool parks. It's nice to see one like that which is bike friendly, too.

I need to make it up there on vacation some time.

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
right on brock. I've been lurking on the stak so I knew ithat place was done. I was actually planning to take a lil trip up there tomorrow. I'm not too keen on going there on a saturday right after they open cause I'm sure it'll be pretty busy there, but that's what fits my schedule for now.

speaking of parks....centralia is getting work done again. they are putting in tons of new stuff and it should be ready to ride real soon. It's all prefab stuff but it's pretty fun and just down the street from where I work. Which is nice cause I can go ride during my lunch break when nobody is there. I'll go take some pics of the new stuff at the beginning of next week and post it up.