Not open for further replies.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Admit it dude it was a pretty dick comment to a person who was obviously distraught over a former friends death.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Your post was insensitive, therefore douchey. What's not to get?
I rarely will say something that hides my true feelings or is not reality based. I ride through Scottsdale and Phoenix most days and encounter many young people (and adults) in vehicles that are so engulfed in a texting match or finding a song on their iPod that they are a danger to me and everyone else around them.

If she had a diabetic break down, that sucks, but my money is on stupidity.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I rarely will say something that hides my true feelings or is not reality based. I ride through Scottsdale and Phoenix most days and encounter many young people (and adults) in vehicles that are so engulfed in a texting match or finding a song on their iPod that they are a danger to me and everyone else around them.

If she had a diabetic break down, that sucks, but my money is on stupidity.
A person's grief isn't diminished when someone attempts to marginalize it by assigning blame to the person who died. So what was the point of the comment?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
When my friend died in a car accident, I thought about whether the driver was drinking, distracted in some way, or what I believe, too high on testosterone and fancy new car.

However, when I was in grief about it and if someone was to ask me what you asked, I would probably punch that person in the face.

When I was at the memorial service, I didn't ask for the details. People told me because they felt that I should know, considering I flew from 3000 miles away.

Now this girl's life was so important to BigMike's family that they attended the funeral. I would be careful what I said to him.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
A person's grief isn't diminished when someone attempts to marginalize it by assigning blame to the person who died. So what was the point of the comment?
Just wondering why I'm a douche for speaking my mind and curious why no one has mentioned the well being of the trucker involved.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
When my friend died in a car accident, I thought about whether the driver was drinking, distracted in some way, or what I believe, too high on testosterone and fancy new car.
Bingo!

But if you asked about it, you would have been beaten?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Just wondering why I'm a douche for speaking my mind and curious why no one has mentioned the well being of the trucker involved.
Because it said in the report that he walked away with minor injuries.
Just admit it, your a douche (for the comment) and stop making yourself look worse by answering ever post.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
douche'

nothing more douche-y than boo-whooing about negative rep douche.

dont douche it out if you cant take it

:plthumbsdown:

Last edited:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I would guess it's because neither BigMike nor any other poster in the thread is a close friend of the trucker, but I could be wrong on that one. Since you didn't ask about the trucker either, I assume you were just as interested to find out as everyone else was.
And just because something's on your mind doesn't mean you have to speak it at that moment. But if you decide to, it shouldn't be confusing as to why people take offense to it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Bingo!

But if you asked about it, you would have been beaten?
Well, since you asked,

My friend was in a coma for 6 weeks.

He was to be married 4 months after his death.

I flew across the country 3 days after getting notified of his death. And I believe I was the only person far enough away to fly in. I stayed 2 days.

Several people, including his mother and fiancee, thanked me for coming to the funeral, and that I thought that much of my friend that I would fly across the country to be there.

I wouldn't be stupid or insensitive enough to ask those questions.

I don't know you are playing for here. I do know nothing but e-threats are going to come your way. But you could do something nice for people or not.

I bought a plane ticket for my friend's sake. You chose to be a douche.

Last edited:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Well, since you asked,

My friend was in a coma for 6 weeks.

He was to be married 4 months after his death.

I flew across the country 3 days after getting notified of his death. And I believe I was the only person far enough away to fly in. I stayed 2 days.

Several people, including his mother and fiancee, thanked me for coming to the funeral, and that I thought that much of my friend that I would fly across the country to be there.

I wouldn't be stupid or insensitive enough to ask those questions.

I don't you are playing for here. Nothing but e-threats are going to come your way. But you could do something nice for people or not.

I bought a plane ticket for my friend's sake. You chose to be a douche.
I'm 41. I've prolly lost more people around me than most here, and I'm not insensitive to people's feelings. Wait, maybe I am in some cases as I know that life equals death and getting all weepy is not what most want their friends to do if they die. Mourn, whatever, whatever, but having a thick skin and realizing your people could soon be highlighted on a news story is a reality you will one day face. Get ready!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
One more thing, Stinky.

I don't really care about BigMike's friend, except to give him condolences.

I do care very much about my friend Will, and I will spend the rest of the day thinking about his death, our friendship, and his family.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I do care very much about my friend Will, and I will spend the rest of the day thinking about his death, our friendship, and his family.
That's cool. I think about my dad often and many dead friends sometimes, but if I let it get to me, I'd never leave the house.

You had a friend who died. It happens. Enjoy the memories.

antm

Chimp
Jul 15, 2004
miami, fl
Woah, definitely a douche thing to say. You also strike me as an attention whore so I can see why you would say something like that.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm 41. I've prolly lost more people around me than most here, and I'm not insensitive to people's feelings. Wait, maybe I am in some cases as I know that life equals death and getting all weepy is not what most want their friends to do if they die. Mourn, whatever, whatever, but having a thick skin and realizing your people could soon be highlighted on a news story is a reality you will one day face. Get ready!
I occasionally read Rants & Raves because it is funny what people with no responsibility will write.

You can write whatever you want here. Tell everyone that I am weepy faggot who wasted his time and money going to a friend's funeral.

You don't know me well enough to tell me how to feel.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
New place is good... work's been slow so I've had plenty of time to enjoy it.
Awesome. My brother's wedding is in a couple weeks and that is even draining me, but look forward to seeing the new digs and riding again soon. Sounds like maybe you can help this fall in getting some donation bikes together as well and that is superawesomesauce!

Again, let me know if you need any event tickets.

:cheers:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I occasionally read Rants & Raves because it is funny what people with no responsibility will write.

You can write whatever you want here. Tell everyone that I am weepy faggot who wasted his time and money going to a friend's funeral.

You don't know me well enough to tell me how to feel.
I never said any of that about you. I'm a bit desensitized by what I have experienced in life, but showing respect is fukking priceless in my book.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
So, let me get this straight, since you "feel" you have lost more than most, you have the right to make gross assumptions and insensitive comments about someone else's lost friend??? Then you post up some whiny bitch thread asking what it's about??? Isn't it you that said I whine more than anyone??? This is more attention whorish than I would even give N 8 credit for. Wow. And here I thought the world revolved around my boss. Who knew the axis was in Phoenix???

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
So, let me get this straight, since you "feel" you have lost more than most, you have the right to make gross assumptions and insensitive comments about someone else's lost friend??? Then you post up some whiny bitch thread asking what it's about??? Isn't it you that said I whine more than anyone??? This is more attention whorish than I would even give N 8 credit for. Wow. And here I thought the world revolved around my boss. Who knew the axis was in Phoenix???
Hmm, look who's here...

Answer the question.

Oh yeah, my username is stinkyboy, and N8 can be successfully be typed as n8 for any newbs in the room.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I can't really answer the question, since it was addressed to stevew, but I'll say that you could have used a PM if you really wanted only him to answer it. Your post bears logic, but that is not always the best thing. Having knit a fairly common community here on the monkey, it's not all that f@#king hard to sympathize with other frequently seen monkeys.

Honestly, no one truly should give two shakes that I do rides, but I post them. Hell, even with past disagreements splat was one of the first to congratulate me on a century. That's called respect. I don't really care that your brother is getting married, but you posted it. As a matter of fact, since you mention statistics in earlier postings, the chances of his marriage working may not be so great. I mean, he is "your" brother. That said, I don't think that, or certainly wish for it, but it's the same as your logic of using generalizations towards Mike's friend.

Like you said, it sucks when people lose people, and it will inevitably happen, but it also sucks that you would just dismiss it and make some crass comment. Steve thought it was a douche thing to say, so he told you. Should we look up your lame ass neg reps to me??? God knows you've dealt them for the dumbest sh*t ever, but you did it anyway.

Anyway - since we're being so unsympathetic about people's problems, let's make fun of yours for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.