Quantcast

Hey Stooooosh...boing

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I made the same change to my '99 Z1- reducing the travel. Even though there was less positive travel, the fork somehow felt better to me. Whether it was the additional bushing overlap or some other factor(oil weight?), I'll never truly know.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
This is the same spring right? I can't figure out how it gives the shock negative travel though....

Buck e-mail me a price I PM'd you my e-mail addy.

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
I got your PM. And I'll email you after lunch.

The spring is in the same position...under the damping cart. It counteracts the posi-spring a bit an allows the fork to sag easily unter minimal pressure. It's a higher spring rate than the posi-spring as well and actually compresses it a bit from what I remember. It's been a few years since I've overhauled my fork, so I can't remember everything exactly as it is.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buck Fever said:
I got your PM. And I'll email you after lunch.

The spring is in the same position...under the damping cart. It counteracts the posi-spring a bit an allows the fork to sag easily unter minimal pressure. It's a higher spring rate than the posi-spring as well and actually compresses it a bit from what I remember. It's been a few years since I've overhauled my fork, so I can't remember everything exactly as it is.
Ok ok cool! Man I can't wait to put this fork together.
I need to order some oil....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Stosh - I think you can get oil for Marzocchi forks at motocross stores.
yeah I can but I got no idea where there is one around me.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Google or yellow pages.
Sometimes it's way easier for me to pay 5$ for shipping than to drive and find the f'ing store.
I work Saturday's till 5pm so most of the time these stores are closed anyway.