Quantcast

Hey Sydasti, The New Shuffles are Out!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Yeah some cellphones, pdas, car stereo, etc have braille like patterns on certain keys (or the ridges on a keyboard on the F and J keys) on them so you can figure out where buttons are without looking.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good point. With my 1st generation Shuffle, it hung from my neck, so the angle never changed unlike the clippy.
I think I will drill a hole through the clip and run a lanyard through it. The thing is so damn small I see myself losing it quickly unless I can leash it to things.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can now see why they went without the standard mini USB connector. The whole thing is as thick as a USB connector, surface mounting the connector to the PCB would almost double the thickness of the unit.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I can now see why they went without the standard mini USB connector. The whole thing is as thick as a USB connector, surface mounting the connector to the PCB would almost double the thickness of the unit.
Nah thats a standard USB connector in the mod photo connected to a laptop above. A mini USB connector is virtually the same thickness as a mini-jack only wider, here they are side by side on the blackberry:

The very thin razor phone has a mini USB connector too...

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
But they would need to put both a mini conector and a headphone jack on wich would surley make the player bigger, since it appears that smallness was the goal the dock is a reasonable compromise. Also there is the old theory of "more parts = more problems" For players that small, Apple or not, downloading music via headphone jack makes sense.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I just pick on up at WalMart for less than $79..

WalMart here has reorganized their store and now has a huge electronics section where iPods abound at good proces.

I have my eye on that titanium colored Nano for sub $200 too...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
WalMart here has reorganized their store and now has a huge electronics section where iPods abound at good proces.
i was under the impression that Apple, like Oakley and others, have tight pricing policies w/ their dealers, and pretty much everyone has to sell @ MSRP.

did walmart get a bye?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
IPod Report:

Since buying a new iPod Shuffle my Common Access Card reader on my workstaion has died. I had to get IT send me new one.

I haven't even taken the Shuffle out of the packaging yet either.

I am very disappointed that syandnanci might be right!!!!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Yet another reason for Sydnasti and all proper humans to hate apple.
Sidandnancy would hate Apple no matter how many products of theirs he'd buy and use extensively. Hundreds even.