Quantcast

Hey Toninator - You aren't the only one!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I am not now nor have I ever been in the position those people on the coast are. My place will not flood, although the neighborhood does but the bayou close moves the water out quickly. I’ve got plenty of supplies and am plenty safe. If I had a family to take care of I might see it a little different but maybe not because again I’m in a compromising situation.
The only thing i'm going to miss is A/C when the power goes out.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
splat said:
what you don't have an Emergency Generator ?? How will we get reports !!!
No kidding.

Go loot a Walmart and hook up a small generator to your wind trainer.

:think:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
H8R said:
No kidding.

Go loot a Walmart and hook up a small generator to your wind trainer.

:think:
that's funny that you should metion. i have just gotten confirmation that a walmart close (maybe 3 miles) has been looted BUT this is NOT N.O. and cops are everywhere's and are currently on the sceen.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i do have some good news. ALL my family in L.A. that was in the path of the storm has evacuated. I don’t believe in god but I do pray and I pray that they have a home to come back too.
i just got news from my sister who lives about 15 miles inland from me (we also work together) and everything is good there BUT her husband works down at the medical center (big group of hospitals south of DT) and someone aired that they were an evocation center but their NOT and had to turn ALL OF THESE PEOPLE AWAY.
Very unfortunate situation.
There are still some people stuck on the highways that ran out of gas that were overlooked, I wish them well too.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
The Toninator said:
her husband works down at the medical center (big group of hospitals south of DT) and someone aired that they were an evocation center but their NOT and had to turn ALL OF THESE PEOPLE AWAY.
Very unfortunate situation.
I wonder if that is the same place i saw on the news, it's fortress.

They have above ground generators and like 80,000 gallons of diesel available. Plus massive flood gate doors surrounding the building.

Plus food for more than a week.

Plus walkie talkies and sat phones.

Hell, I'd have gone there too!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
H8R said:
I wonder if that is the same place i saw on the news, it's fortress.

They have above ground generators and like 80,000 gallons of diesel available. Plus massive flood gate doors surrounding the building.

Plus food for more than a week.

Plus walkie talkies and sat phones.

Hell, I'd have gone there too!
the medical center flooded during allison a few years back. all of the hospitals followed sarbains/oxley disaster recovery (and other) specifications to keep what happened back then from happing again (very bad stuff not going into it here.)
i work in the medical mgt industry and am wired into all of the goings on of industry.