Quantcast

hey yall

cowboy

Chimp
Jan 21, 2007
middletown, de
Hey, looking to upgrade my switchback to a better bike. I'm looking to do freeriding and xc. I currently have a mongoose switchback that needs work and figured I'd either upgrade the parts or prob be cheaper to upgrade the whole thing. I was looking at the trek 4300 disc, 3900 disc, 3500, gary fisher wahoo. I know I got a list but I don't totally know too much about them either these are the ones that caught my eye, I will be getting info tomarrow on them, I was looking to get some more info on other brands that would be good for what I want. My budget is hopefully no more than 700.

cowboy

Chimp
Jan 21, 2007
middletown, de
I'm also considering a 29er, 'm 6'1" 270 and looking to get into better shape with this, so I was told the 29er is better for bigger guys. I was looking at the trek marlin, trek wahoo and marin bolinas ridge.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey dude,
I'd suggest taking a look at a used bike if you're on a budget. Check craigslist for cheap options.

At your height and weight, I'd probably stick with 26" wheels. 29ers are great for very tall people, and people who like 29ers. Wheels can be less durable on those bikes than standard 26ers, and 26" parts will be much more common.

Make sure to get a bike that fits. at 6'1", you want a large or XL.