Quantcast

HEY YOU GUYS! Second day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's 9th birthday. Back to Snobahn today, where they are apparently working on backflips and 360* front flips, in addition to skiing on the carpet. I expected them to work on freestyle too, but they aren't fucking around.

Detailed Wifey's car yesterday because Hannah spilled milk and we figured out the hard way. Will hopefully get the t-stat changed in the Subaru today. My books for class 4/7 of my CFP showed up yesterday. Studies restart now that I am not doing daily construction and skiing every Saturday (and lots of Sundays).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
House refi proceeding. Vaca prep in full swing.

After wife had the Ascent as a loaner the other week, she is already angling to trade her car in for one.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Getting my hairs cut today. Not very thrilling, but I suppose moreso knowing a lot of my contemporaries are starting or already losing theirs.

Yummy ribeye for dinner last night. And don't worry JBP, my wife and I split this and got maybe 4 oz each.
20210614_183418_copy_1008x477.jpg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

After wife had the Ascent as a loaner the other week, she is already angling to trade her car in for one.
If you get one out of warranty, Cobb makes a tune for the turbo that gives it a legitimate *pop* in power and usable power band.
I'm running the off-the-shelf in the Forester and it pulls the torque output lower, which is usable range. It's notable and very nice vs. stock and requires no other upgrades beyond an accessport. Any my mileage has gone up slightly despite having more power.

It would be a nice upgrade to an Outback for you vs. your decade old Impreza. Given where used car prices are now, if there was a time to do it, now's pretty good.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Glad to see that you are getting help in caring for Hilarie, John

I'm going to try and enjoy this last day of reasonable temps. Only supposed to hit the mid 80s this afternoon. Wednesday though Saturday are supposed to range between 100 and 110 which just plain sucks.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

We have the ascent. It is a great car. Large and ponderous, but absolutely wonderful for families. It is a minivan for people who don't want a minivan, and I respect that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you get one out of warranty, Cobb makes a tune for the turbo that gives it a legitimate *pop* in power and usable power band.
I'm running the off-the-shelf in the Forester and it pulls the torque output lower, which is usable range. It's notable and very nice vs. stock and requires no other upgrades beyond an accessport. Any my mileage has gone up slightly despite having more power.

It would be a nice upgrade to an Outback for you vs. your decade old Impreza. Given where used car prices are now, if there was a time to do it, now's pretty good.
what about my personality and the 15 years i've been posting here gave you the impression I was the kind of person that would not only buy a car with a turbo, but also tune it? and THEN let me wife be the primary driver of it? i guess i have not ridiculed you nearly enough for your vehicular choices.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Feel better than yesterday but still not 100%. Does not help that I have a swollen left eye now (I have with dry eyes started suffering for cronic blefaritis). Getting old sucks. Need to man up as Wednesday Nights Bad Ass Mountain Biking Full Speed With Jumps and Drops is tomorrow.

Electrician working in the basement today as we are putting in a lot of lights to move away from the medieval dungeon lighting that was down there before and take out the cotton wires.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
what about my personality and the 15 years i've been posting here gave you the impression I was the kind of person that would not only buy a car with a turbo, but also tune it? and THEN let me wife be the primary driver of it? i guess i have not ridiculed you nearly enough for your vehicular choices.
You just don't get the ///Ascent Effect

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Very little, but it's a fun little pop to the drive-ability of the car.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Scorcher yesterday, was a shorts-at-work kinda day. Probably round 2 today. 2 big thunderstorms rolled through the area last night, but skipped just north-west of us, so I didn;t get to sit outside and engoy the lights and sounds show.....

Maybe today.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

working half day

engaging in financial shenanigans!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just signed up for an Olympic distance triathlon this Saturday. Usually I plan these things months in advance, but this wasn't even on my radar until yesterday. It's a super hilly race....2000' of climbing on the 24 mile bike. Bring it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Got an email about 20 minutes ago that one of the local(ish) community centres will be hosting summer camps next week. it's my kids last week in "school" (i.e. on the Chromebooks). My kids are now signed up for said camps. fuck online school. I hope there's enough spots left for some of their friends to join them there too. that would be sweet.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh, a conference talk conceived, demo material put together, scripted, (poorly) practiced and finally (even moar poorly) recorded in a single take in three days. Yay for great planning on my bosses side. :twitch:

I need moar alcool nao.