Oct 23, 2001
'tis 102F on my watch + google-reported weather

feels hot on my nose and lungs outside

how do people even live in Arizona

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
T-stat changed. Fucking exhaust manifold was partially blocking the t-stat, which should have taken 45min total to change but instead took 2.5hrs because slow drainage and getting to the t-stat.

Haley once again is losing her mind at Snobahn. Learned how to drop into a quarter-pipe on a skateboard today, in addition to more work on flips and miscellaneous tricks.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Buddy with the flat-land bike and I have been talking about doing dawn patrol rides out at Green Mtn. At 5:30am... Because any later and it's getting rough on heat.
Parents are getting their first experience of TX summer since they moved there 2 weeks ago. You can hear the hesitation in my Mom's voice when we're talking about the heat wave. But don't worry, the climate isn't changing...

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Buddy with the flat-land bike and I have been talking about doing dawn patrol rides out at Green Mtn. At 5:30am... Because any later and it's getting rough on heat.
Parents are getting their first experience of TX summer since they moved there 2 weeks ago. You can hear the hesitation in my Mom's voice when we're talking about the heat wave. But don't worry, the climate isn't changing...
I'm sharpening various utensils for the upcoming climate wars.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spent all day at work with a Senior Technical Fellow who is kind of my mentor and an Associate Technical Fellow who has been my nemesis. My nemesis spends all his time kissing the asses of people with better titles than him, and shitting on people like me who don't have fancy titles. Senior dude kept grilling me with questions all day of which I answered properly, he discretely threw shade at "Tech Fellows who don't know anything" (my nemesis). Then at the end of the day said nemesis asked the Senior dude how to learn more about the subject we were discussing to which the Senior said to talk to me as I was probably the most knowledgeable SME at the company. He was very much wrong but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed how he hazed the shit out of the guy who has been a thorn in my side for two years. It was masterpiece of ball busting, I have much to learn.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
But was it steep?? :confused:
Not necessarily, but holy burly as fuck. Probably 300' long, 40-50' elevation drop, jagged ass rock, no clean lines - anywhere, few drops in there too.

This is 2yrs ago when there was still some dirt in there (7:30):

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
@jstuhlman got to ride it with minimal hikers, as I recall. He crushed.

another decent video (although Nate Hills Ruins Everything™ ), after the two loops up top, 2:32s is the main descent, the 'wall' section at around 3:50s.