Quantcast

***hfbd jbp gmt!!!***

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
From an upcoming interview with Moustache World Weekly:

MWW: Is there any truth to the rumor, that you're the father of Chuck Norris?
JBP's 'Stache: Chuck Norris? Never heard of her.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Birfday GMT?

OK. Morning Monkey.

I got a jorb, start Monday. For those who like job market statistics, 3 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews, 1 job offer. The market in Portland is sh!t hot and I am a sexy man. That is all.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wut? Did I miss something? What happened to the last job?
A few months ago they were talking huge bonuses and big raises for all these contracts they pulled off. Then there was a ton of hiring, but none in engineering. All this work, not enough actual workers, revenue not what its supposed to be, so lets cut QA by 1/2 and Development by 1/3 and hope things improve. :panic:

Last count of the 110 that were there, on top of the initial 8 (I was one of those) a total of 12 were ultimately let go and I have hear of as many as 30 have now left. Best part was I spent 3 hours in a planning meeting giving estimates for the next 2 weeks, then after the meeting, they let me know I can just take the rest of the day off since they will pay me for the whole day. Thanks, guys.

<edit> To be honest, I didn't actually look for a job. I took a few days to just chill and emails just hit as word around town spread that there were hot ass engineers newly on the market. It's crazy, but it won't be like this forever, but it was almost this hot in 1999. Linkedin blew up, almost don't need a resume anymore.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
A few months ago they were talking huge bonuses and big raises for all these contracts they pulled off. Then there was a ton of hiring, but none in engineering. All this work, not enough actual workers, revenue not what its supposed to be, so lets cut QA by 1/2 and Development by 1/3 and hope things improve. :panic:

Last count of the 110 that were there, on top of the initial 8 (I was one of those) a total of 12 were ultimately let go and I have hear of as many as 30 have now left. Best part was I spent 3 hours in a planning meeting giving estimates for the next 2 weeks, then after the meeting, they let me know I can just take the rest of the day off since they will pay me for the whole day. Thanks, guys.
Hopefully you have the same luck as me and find getting laid off is the best career move you ever (involuntarily) made.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
First and most important: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JBP!!!!! Here's to you, Cheers to you and wishes for many more (beers & birthdays of course)!

Morning. Busy day here. Laundry done, dishes done, kids fed (mostly....small one is eating a lot these days), getting kids in car to take tall one to a birthday party and short one & I will grocery shop for my b-day (tomorrow) BBQ. Then I plan to float around in the pool and drink a beer in honor of JBPs birthday.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Good bike ride last night finally getting back to me pre injury speed after I busted my left knee on some rocks.

Happy birthday to the old walrus!

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Went boating on lake Tahoe and camping over the weekend with my brother. Twas fun.

Spent a night at Bowman Lake

Hit up Emerald Pools (some crazy big cliff jumps to be had there). Water was 1000X colder than the lake. Must run directly out of the bottom of some big a$$ reservoir.

Got smoked out by the fire nearby and decided to head out past Downieville on 49 to continue the good times (gave up on our plan of backpacking near Donner Summit). Camped down by a random creek at the end of some unmaintained dirt road off of the Golden Lake Highway.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Had a large rock flick up while riding. It whacked my toe, hit my shin, and then bounced off the seatstay. I'm pretty sure that my toe is not broken, but my toe nail is cracked in half and it has a massive black blood blister under the nail. There is a fat bruise on my shin, and it hit the frame hard enough to knock a big (finger nail sized) chunk of paint off the frame. Otherwise, the ride was good.