Quantcast

Hi Guys... Long time no see!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Had a chance to catch my breath here at work and thought I'd pop in and say "SUCK IT!!"

:banana:

Haha... Seriously though, Glad to see a lot of familiar faces are still on here. Too bad I barely ride anymore. 3 kids is TAXING. I'm so out of the loop with all things MTB. Still riding an Aluminum Spitfire with 26in wheels, 2x front rings. Yeah, some may call me out of date, but I prefer OG!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
i dunno, my son just turned 4 and got his first big boy pedal bike, which means my daughter has inherited his balance bike. i just got her first bike helmet, so i'm pretty pumped to rip around with both my kids on bikes.
I started my son on a Balance Bike before he was 2. We were doing night rides and everything. Now he's 8 and riding a Specialized RipRock. It's aluminum with disk brakes and 20in Fat-tires (2.8s). All the parts are "normal", so I can swap out stems etc.

He's not boosting jumps or anything (not that his dad can either....) but he's pretty damn good. The only problem he seems to have are tight steep switchbacks.

As for the Balance Bikes, the only part I don't like about them is that it teaches the kids to take their feet off the pedals when things get hairy.:crazy:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As for the Balance Bikes, the only part I don't like about them is that it teaches the kids to take their feet off the pedals when things get hairy.:crazy:
my son is doing that too! i'm catching it early enough it shouldn't be a long term problem. he's figured out pedal braking very quickly too.

my son got his balance bike for his second birthday. now that he's 4 he's on a 16" wheel bike

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Had a chance to catch my breath here at work and thought I'd pop in and say "SUCK IT!!"

:banana:

Haha... Seriously though, Glad to see a lot of familiar faces are still on here. Too bad I barely ride anymore. 3 kids is TAXING. I'm so out of the loop with all things MTB. Still riding an Aluminum Spitfire with 26in wheels, 2x front rings. Yeah, some may call me out of date, but I prefer OG!!
You are not alone. I did build up my current Spitty with a single ring though. Also a legit OG, going back to 1990.