Quantcast

%&%&% Hi. How are you? It's been a while. Monday GMT &*&*&

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Normally I do my long runs early in the day but yesterday I waited until the afternoon to run 20 miles. Finished at 5:00 PM, then was achy and fidgety all night. Wind and hills made that a very hard 20 miles. :dead: Averaged a 7:18/mile pace.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Coffee, another morning in hell. :wave:
Hilarie is continuing to decline?

/me is working from home today. Also juggling sick kid (wife called in so she will run point), Italian PHEV minivan that left me stranded on the side of I-225 last night, bug smokeout day at mountain house, getting remediated water damage in Denver house basement repaired, and possibly a few other things.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Beginning of shitbox week#3. Brutal project is over Tuesday though, so that makes it easier. Spring Break for Haley.

Hilarie is continuing to decline?

/me is working from home today. Also juggling sick kid (wife called in so she will run point), Italian PHEV minivan that left me stranded on the side of I-225 last night, bug smokeout day at mountain house, getting remediated water damage in Denver house basement repaired, and possibly a few other things.
Yeah, Between the plague and her difficulties, I have not had a life for three years or so. Nor do I see any real relief ahead.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
here. sent out taxes. waiting for moolah. Vet yearly appointment today for both ladies. ima go ride my bike now.

:wave:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Hey, does this look swollen to you?

Starting to compile my "must have" things into piles for the coach and got piles for storage. This is going to take me a while.

here. sent out taxes. waiting for moolah. Vet yearly appointment today for both ladies. ima go ride my bike now.

:wave:
I am not sure what is more concerning, the fact you have sister wives or you take them to the Vet.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:dead:

Last night was a bad, bad night. Kiddo must be going through some struggles. I was awake with her every 20-30 minutes, except for a couple of hour long stretches. Finally crawled into bed at 730 to get a few hours.

Time to get to work so I can do this again tonight.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not drinking coffee, nor playing guitar, nor running.
Do still need to use the facilities though.

Time change meant I woke up 5 minutes before I start work. So no time for monkey posting before I was on the clock.

Pondering flights to go see the parental units for the first time in 3 1/2 years, thanks COVID. Need to see how badly the tax bill for last year is going to be though too.

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

Last night was a bad, bad night. Kiddo must be going through some struggles. I was awake with her every 20-30 minutes, except for a couple of hour long stretches. Finally crawled into bed at 730 to get a few hours.

The fun thing about young kids is that there's always a sleep regression possible at any age!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

lol that was every night of my life the entire first year of our first kid. hang in there.

in other news they keep pushing back my dad's release from the hospital so i get to keep babysitting my fucking mother. joy.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It was a day of stupid people for my Monday, the winner was our apprentice that tried driving a hardened pin out with a centre punch. He got a piece of metal in his finger as a reminder not to be a fucking moron, that's two trips to hospital in three months, smart one he is.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ah, another reason why bosses want people to get back to the office. Nothing boosts morale like a show of fealty as the newly minted ruler looks out upon the adoring masses.
the revolving door of upper management shall continue unimpeded.

this is the 4th global director for the department in my ~10 years here. i'm on my 5th direct manager.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
the revolving door of upper management shall continue unimpeded.

this is the 4th global director for the department in my ~10 years here. i'm on my 5th direct manager.
Ive seen that stuff before. I have to wonder where the revolving door folks come from and go to. It’s not like they fall down the ladder from upper management to middle management or staff. It’s like once they get into that orbit they just keep circulating to other gigs.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ive seen that stuff before. I have to wonder where the revolving door folks come from and go to. It’s not like they fall down the ladder from upper management to middle management or staff. It’s like once they get into that orbit they just keep circulating to other gigs.
they rotate through functional areas in order to advance. there's actually a program that encourages it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I also had a super rough night of no sleep. We think the orange cat has lost the plot. If we don't give him medication before going to bed, the dude is up all night stomping around and crying. That cat has an incredibly loud raspy meow and he does it all night, as if he's lost or looking for something. He's been like this for over a year now..

Was bad enough that I told my coworker I was coming in late, as I need to get a few hours of sleep at least.

dog and pony show at work for new global director
Reminds me of when I first started here as a student. Sitting in the IT office, this guy walks in and asks for help with his phone or something. I promptly ask who he is and tell him to please open a ticket. I take his phone and when he walks away, the other guy in the office informs me that he is the President. Double derp.

Yeah well, guy still needs to open a ticket. :busted:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That's exactly what they do. Hop from one role to the next, either at the same company or another, hoping that each jump brings them closer to the top. Seen it at every job. It's a select cadre who care more about their title than almost any other aspect of work.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A power outage is not useful on a Monday morning.

Reason #2 I want solar and battery backup.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just found out there’s a 3/15 deadline on a bunch of reports that I don’t have in my system as having a 3/15 deadline. It’s gonna be a crunchy day.