Quantcast

%&%&% Hi. How are you? It's been a while. Monday GMT &*&*&

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just got back from a five mile jog on the rail trail and saw a coyote. NEAT. I never saw one before. Got a real good look at him before he took off.
I ran into one here in LA years ago. It was wild. In the same area we’d occasionally see deer, and once had a bobcat run alongside the trail we were bombing.

Lately there’s been some chatter about one of the local mountain lions making it’s way through the city. A few folks have had some close encounters.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
A power outage is not useful on a Monday morning.

Reason #2 I want solar and battery backup.
Power went out at the mountain house, too. Of course it's when the swallow bug exterminator is there...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
lung butter output is still high....

breathing sounds less like a carny ride though...

parents dog is disappointed on that front...made her giddy as shit...

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Trails still kind of a mess. Stuff around the house. Mouse traps out in the attic - we've recently heard some noises, and found a few droppings. Got one yesterday. The cats do a great job in the rest of the house, but they don't get to go up there. Sat out in the sun with coffee/the dog earlier, watching the city crew take down a big maple tree in the yard next door. Taking Mrs. Scrub to her eye doc in a bit (has to get eyes dilated) and plan is to poke around for a nice place for lunch after. New doc/office in a near town with a hot up and coming food scene.

Screwing about in the garage with bikes and beer later.

Will attempt to get on trails tomorrow.

/sweetblog

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Trails still kind of a mess. Stuff around the house. Mouse traps out in the attic - we've recently heard some noises, and found a few droppings. Got one yesterday. The cats do a great job in the rest of the house, but they don't get to go up there. Sat out in the sun with coffee/the dog earlier, watching the city crew take down a big maple tree in the yard next door. Taking Mrs. Scrub to her eye doc in a bit (has to get eyes dilated) and plan is to poke around for a nice place for lunch after. New doc/office in a near town with a hot up and coming food scene.

Screwing about in the garage with bikes and beer later.

Will attempt to get on trails tomorrow.

/sweetblog
Found a place to wait.

20220314_140059.jpg

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Sent an email last year about a “$200k” issue. Coworker just sent me an email stating they saw a report saying “$200,167” and wanted to know if the $167 was a revision from $200,000. Attention to detail is next level.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
You don't need to get the pie out if you eat the whole thing yourself. A fork and a can-do attitude are all that's required.
Actual footage of the daughter after charming her way into a pie eating contest a couple of years ago. The edge-on technique speaks to her method and philosophy.

1647283655417.png

1647283698903.png

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I was looking at hardtails. I love my old Sovereign but the geometry is just so profoundly different than my main ride that it might be time to look for a successor.

Now I am lusting for an Esker. Progressive-ish but not too edgy/slack, takes modern thru-axle in all configurations, single-speedable...looks all-day, all-round capable and comfortable for distance or tech...nice solid looks of a traditional bike...and like the Sovereign, convertible to any personality you care to give it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had 3 bikes to service and a build. I projected I would need until Thursday to complete them. Parts arrived Saturday. The bit for my chase tool, and my new press showed up today. All bikes are complete. Now I have nothing to do except get paid. Shimano Saint parts are hard to come by. Not sure why. My complaint with Shimano is that if a component is not popular. Then service kits are rare. I just need a single pot piston seal. My friend told me to order a SLX caliper and use the seal from that and return it because it didn't have a seal. I do not subscribe to the SRAM service model.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
looks like my power meters are indeed all goof dup, at least to a certain degree. I averaged six watts higher at low wattage, but my max power was 40w different. Need to test higher wattages to see if it scales linearly or if it's a fixed factor. Then figure out whether I really care or just stick the pedals on for racing...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
looks like my power meters are indeed all goof dup, at least to a certain degree. I averaged six watts higher at low wattage, but my max power was 40w different. Need to test higher wattages to see if it scales linearly or if it's a fixed factor. Then figure out whether I really care or just stick the pedals on for racing...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got to intervene before a fight broke out karting today. Guy in Kyle Busch Racing shirt w/ Monster Energy custom painted helmet was pushing people and bumping them when they got in his way. Black woman that he kept slamming particularly hard, though she was blocking the track, it was largely from inexperience. They got into each other's faces, he dropped a "if you only knew who I am", some minor racial slurs, etc. Poor manager is a tiny little woman (who is awesome, btw) but they were ignoring, so I went minor wookie and stepped in between. Wookie resolves issues by being tall enough to see the top of everyone's heads.

Also Haley's new visor showed up today, unfortunately after we had left for karting. It's on in her bag, so she has no idea.
IMG_20220314_180725_01.jpg

Pink iridium lense. She talks about how awesome the purple lense that the fast girl has, so why not. It's like a TLD helmet for DH guys. It's just that nice to have something special and it gives to the confidence to go faster.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got to intervene before a fight broke out karting today. Guy in Kyle Busch Racing shirt w/ Monster Energy custom painted helmet was pushing people and bumping them when they got in his way. Black woman that he kept slamming particularly hard, though she was blocking the track, it was largely from inexperience. They got into each other's faces, he dropped a "if you only knew who I am", some minor racial slurs, etc. Poor manager is a tiny little woman (who is awesome, btw) but they were ignoring, so I went minor wookie and stepped in between. Wookie resolves issues by being tall enough to see the top of everyone's heads.

Also Haley's new visor showed up today, unfortunately after we had left for karting. It's on in her bag, so she has no idea.
View attachment 173448
Pink iridium lense. She talks about how awesome the purple lense that the fast girl has, so why not. It's like a TLD helmet for DH guys. It's just that nice to have something special and it gives to the confidence to go faster.
you should have gone full wookie. did you at least steal his skoal?