Quantcast

Hi! I am a super beginner

BotItMyself

Chimp
Aug 14, 2002
Lacy, WA
I'm 7 and we live in Wa. I am learning to ride and I want to mountain bike. I get to post once in a week, except talking to my friends where I live. I get to read every day so I can still get tips and see the really cool pictures:D

-ANK

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
damn...i didn't learn to ride a bike till i was 12. woah....that means i've been off a bike longer than i've been on one. weird.

Aug 3, 2002
Jacksonville:Florida
I will enlighten::
Children AKA
progeny, issue, kids, kinder, kittens, pups, youngsters, spawn, rugrats, porch monkeys/ yard apes (southernese..the grubby sort of children you see in front yard in large qantities in various states of dress), lieblings, little darlilngs, monsters, brats, punks, delinquents..and so on. I have heard more less frequently used references, but cant remeber them offhand:D

Her reasoning is that if I am one of the "monkeys" here and kids are called monkeys, she should be a porch monkey (her BROTHER is the yard ape, so she decided..lol)

BotItMyself

Chimp
Aug 14, 2002
Lacy, WA
I know I can ask questions when I need to because everybody is so friendly and helpful. And because I wanted so much to thank my welcome, I got a special morning post. YEAH!
And this is my ride..waiting for its axle and tune up.
BTW when I speak I am a bit of a smarty-pants, mostly to just certain people. :D. But spell check is too picky about where words go. "sigh". :rolleyes:
Later fellow riders and want to be riders like me!

Attachments

Aug 3, 2002
After defining derogatory for her...
her comment? "Heeey! Almost evereything you and dad call us is a dur-ro-gator-ry word! That bites!"
Then I explained that teasing among friends is not quite the same, unless it hurt your feelings to press on. Since she and one of our friends banter all the time with classics like "buttclamp, buttweasel, ferret face, and all the usual for 4th grade favorites"
Our general term for our children is "spawn of evil" (We accept that we are the evil that spawned em!). :D

Living in the foothills of NC as a pre-teen I have heard directed my way a plethora of nasty comments; however since I can trace my lineage back to the English Royal Family in 3 separate ways...I just ignored the ignorant rednecks who's great goal in life was to be doffers at Burlington and moved from there as soon as I was able. I am not to sensitive to most terms. My early years were mostly spent in Fla and CA. My husband spent nearly his entire life in N.Cal. so none of the terms he picks up from army buddies mean anything but insult.lol.
Anyway Me and Rustmouse are the parents of 2 too precocious for comfort children and try to stay a step ahead daily! They are also physically in high gear ALL the time. Auugh!
No daycare will touch my son, I finally just now found a 13 yr old who thinks he is "cool" and would like getting money for hanging with him!
Now back to the thread.....lol

Aug 3, 2002
Not only did she ditch the training wheels , but was poppin up the front end and tryging to ride a wheelie the same day.
(I didnt attempt a wheelie until I had been riding my bile almost a year!)
She will be on her Trek ontime (her plan-be ready for trek before it leaves repair shop and to be able to to trikks by next year):cool:

miatagal96

Chimp
Feb 7, 2007
I am SOOOOOOOO envious!!

I didn't start to mountain bike until I was 43 years old. I didn't start downhill mountain biking until I was 45 years old. And I didn't learn to wheelie until last night.

Imagine what level I'd be riding now if I started mountain biking when I was a kid!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Not only did she ditch the training wheels , but was poppin up the front end and tryging to ride a wheelie the same day.
(I didnt attempt a wheelie until I had been riding my bile almost a year!)
She will be on her Trek ontime (her plan-be ready for trek before it leaves repair shop and to be able to to trikks by next year):cool:
:thumb: AWESOME. You will have to post some pics of family rides. I can't wait to get my daughter riding more than her trike in the yard :D