Quantcast

Hi, I'm Alaska...have you considered drilling me lately?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
BurlyShirley said:
IMO, they pay for the gas, they can drive what they want.
Agreed, and when gas pushes $3.00 a gallon I'm gonna laugh at them when they complain.

Anyway gas for cars is only part of the countries energy needs. I so GOOOOO NUCuLaR!!! :oink:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
It's the only way that is 'green'...
A vibrant glowing green too :help:

Unless we find better ways to getting solar energy or it is the only current option other than burning things. Personally I think fusion is possible but until governments start throwing major fundage that way it can't happen, even so it would probably be 50 years in the future.

Nuclear technology has come a long way since the last power plant has been built. With ceramic coated fuel they can make a reactor that will even survive complete coolant loss. Nuclear waste is messy but IMO is is better to have one really toxic dump than to ruin the Earths atmosphere.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Rail guns. Rail guns, my man...take all that landfill garbage, nuclear waste, and whatnot, and just shoot the crap straight into the sun...

Then all we need is some work to harness all the energy the earth and sun are already producing for us... (Shipstones, anyone?)

MD

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
MikeD said:
Rail guns. Rail guns, my man...take all that landfill garbage, nuclear waste, and whatnot, and just shoot the crap straight into the sun...

Then all we need is some work to harness all the energy the earth and sun are already producing for us... (Shipstones, anyone?)

MD
Pfffft, rail gun schmail gun........a huge big treadmill is what you need......couple of million indentured labourers from some poor insignificant country that you purloined and away you go. Simple.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
I put a Mr. Fusion on my Silverado last night......................now my truck runs on bananna peels and beer!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
valve bouncer said:
Pfffft, rail gun schmail gun........a huge big treadmill is what you need......couple of million indentured labourers from some poor insignificant country that you purloined and away you go. Simple.
We need to get away from foreign energy dependance. I say we just offer free liposuction for the millions of obese Americans and render the collected blubber.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I think we're getting somewhere here people, keep the good ideas coming. I personally favour book-burning as a short-term fix......think outside the box.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Westy said:
We need to get away from foreign energy dependance. I say we just offer free liposuction for the millions of obese Americans and render the collected blubber.
My friend, the laziest man in the world, was suddenly forced for reasons of 'rent' to get a job...became a consultant for a water company that advises industry on how to better use water.

He visited a rendering plant last month...talked about the dumptrucks full of dead puppies and kittens that show up from the ASPCA. Those excited the renderers, but not nearly as much as the single dead sea lion that was brought in by the lifeguards. He said it was nearly as if a work horn had sounded...people leapt from their workplaces to come and gaze in wild wonder at the mother-lode of renderable animal fat that had just been deposited on their loading dock...

MD

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
MikeD said:
My friend, the laziest man in the world, was suddenly forced for reasons of 'rent' to get a job...became a consultant for a water company that advises industry on how to better use water.

He visited a rendering plant last month...talked about the dumptrucks full of dead puppies and kittens that show up from the ASPCA. Those excited the renderers, but not nearly as much as the single dead sea lion that was brought in by the lifeguards. He said it was nearly as if a work horn had sounded...people leapt from their workplaces to come and gaze in wild wonder at the mother-lode of renderable animal fat that had just been deposited on their loading dock...

MD
I am sure the smell of that place made a paper mill seem like eden.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Wow. I want to be a renderer. That job sounds great! Seriously. Im fascinated by roadkill as it is, imagine all the dead animals I could play with.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
BurlyShirley said:
Wow. I want to be a renderer. That job sounds great! Seriously. Im fascinated by roadkill as it is, imagine all the dead animals I could play with.
Get a job in a slaughterhouse gut room. Turnover rate is very high so it shouldn't take too long to snag one. The killing floor is another option but sterile factory like process takes the fun out of it.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
BurlyShirley said:
Start with those fish you caught. Should be able to get at least an 1/8th of a thimble full from those beauties shirl :thumb:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Westy said:
Get a job in a slaughterhouse gut room. Turnover rate is very high so it shouldn't take too long to snag one. The killing floor is another option but sterile factory like process takes the fun out of it.
necrophilial bestiality.....Shirley never ceases to amaze. ;)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
valve bouncer said:
Start with those fish you caught. Should be able to get at least an 1/8th of a thimble full from those beauties shirl :thumb:
Those were trout from a catch and release area, no rendering them legally. But a slaughter house is definitely an idea for a job westy, just not sure how much money Id get though. Maybe when Im done with school I can take my classes to the rendering place for a field trip. That'd be awesome.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
BurlyShirley said:

a friend of mine was driving down the freeway and came across a giant bloody mess in the middle of the road. a truck coming from the rendering plant, had lost it's load and their were cow carcass's (I suck at plural spelling, you know what I mean if I spelt it rong;)) in the road, bones, and a TON of blood. My friend noticed it before he got to it and was able to change lanes and slow down. but he said people were doing 60-65 and just plowing through the mess.

we laughed about how their cars must have smelt a few miles down the road as the blood and cow parts started to cook on the underside of their hot cars. :thumb:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
THIS IS NOT A DRILL, THIS IS NOT A DRILL; BEGIN DRILLING, BEGIN DRILLING, ALL HANDS TO YOUR DRILLING STATIONS!

Vote sets stage for drilling in refuge
USA TODAY | 16 Mar 05 | Kathy Kiely

WASHINGTON — The Senate gave a green light Wednesday to drilling for oil and gas in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, handing President Bush a big victory and dealing a blow to environmentalists.

The 51-49 vote sets the stage for energy exploration in 1.5 million acres of the 19.6-million-acre refuge. It also showed the increased power of the Republican majority. Two years ago, the Senate rejected drilling 52-48, but Republicans gained four seats in last year's elections, and those votes proved decisive.

(Excerpt...)

:thumb:

:dancing:

:eviltongu

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Like I posted before, this will be like pissing in the ocean, 300 days worth of oil extracted over a few decades . At best we will see only a fraction of a percent reduction in energy costs, less than the average person could get by turning a few lights out and checking the air in their tires. Although the poeple who get to do the drilling will make quite a bit of money.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Westy said:
Like I posted before, this will be like pissing in the ocean, 300 days worth of oil extracted over a few decades . At best we will see only a fraction of a percent reduction in energy costs, less than the average person could get by turning a few lights out and checking the air in their tires. Although the poeple who get to do the drilling will make quite a bit of money.
Ya gotta love that Bush mantra, don't ya? Short term gain for long term pain.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
pnj said:
a friend of mine was driving down the freeway and came across a giant bloody mess in the middle of the road. a truck coming from the rendering plant, had lost it's load and their were cow carcass's (I suck at plural spelling, you know what I mean if I spelt it rong;)) in the road, bones, and a TON of blood. My friend noticed it before he got to it and was able to change lanes and slow down. but he said people were doing 60-65 and just plowing through the mess.

we laughed about how their cars must have smelt a few miles down the road as the blood and cow parts started to cook on the underside of their hot cars. :thumb:
That is wierd! Same thing happened to me a while ago. I was traveling south bound on I-5 and just after the Lake City Way (to I-5) on ramp when I see this red "stuff" on the ground...traffic was starting to back up. It looked like big water ballons filled with red dye exploded on the road. Then you roll by these obliterated chunks (now the size of bowling balls) that based on the splatter trail you could tell was much larger at one time.

Figured it must have been a 1/4 to a 1/2 of a cow(or like beast) when it first hit the road. :think: I didn't see a head (recognizable anyway) or any hide.

It was a weird expereince because it covered all the lanes and people were driving around the chunks. :) I must have jsut missed it because there wasn't much of a slow down at all (maybe 50yds) so it couldn't of happened very long before I showed up. Because withen the next fewe minutes I am sure it backed up for tens of miles....that is what I-5 does. :angry:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
Yeah I'm sure your getting the truth from an Energy Lobby Organization. In fact let us check their math. On THIS PAGE Our friends show us how each one of our states could last on ANW oil. With the very optimistic prediction that we could suck out every barrel of recoverable oil on both public and private land in the ANWR we would get 10 Billion Barrels of Oil. According to them this breaks down to a national average of 201 years per state or 4 years for the whole country. Meanwhile the Federal Government reported that in 2004 the nation on average use 20 million barrels per day. If no further growth in oil consumption The US would consume that oil in 500 days or less than 2 years. Only an error of 294%.

The truth my ass.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
What sort of utter wanker would want to drill in the Arctic? Sorry but this is unexcusable. I can't believe that people have got a hard on to destroy the world's last real wilderness. N8, being as the oil that will be recovered will be drop in the ocean compared to demand, and that you personally will not make any money from it, I can only presume you are an asshole. Seriously. It seems your only reason for supporting this is to piss off environmentalists, which is seriously stupid and shortsighted. Unbelievable. :stosh:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Changleen said:
<some nonsense rantings>

It seems your only reason for supporting this is to piss off environmentalists, which is seriously stupid and shortsighted. Unbelievable. :stosh:

....Mission Accomplished!

:thumb:

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
hehe... changleen and westy should boycott by not using so much fu#@ing electrcity to post. Come on, do your part! Be compassionate.

i suppose you support wildlife by living in untouched wilderness? Or maybe you live in a tree, or a hollowed-out fallen log.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
clancy98 said:
hehe... changleen and westy should boycott by not using so much fu#@ing electrcity to post. Come on, do your part! Be compassionate.

i suppose you support wildlife by living in untouched wilderness? Or maybe you live in a tree, or a hollowed-out fallen log.
I am not so much opposed to drilling in up there. I am opposed to people being lied to about how it is going to help our energy problems. Drilling in the AWNP is not going to do diddly for energy costs, it will just line more corporate pockets with money that came from public lands. I say drill and tax them 75%.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
I think I see your point. all i'm saying is that untouched wilderness is temporary in the sense that as the human race continues to expand people and industry will creep into those areas.

And its easy to complain about alaska once you have the piece of wilderness that got turned into YOUR house, or the power plant that gives you YOUR electricity.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
Too bad the natives to the land who have lived there for thousands of years disagree with you enviro-nazis...
You mean the Eskimo looking actor paid by the Petro-Lobby?

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Gas is so expensive because of a shortage of refineries in the US. Why isn't the government busting some ass about refineries? They are simply using high gas prices as an excuse to create policy that will be difficult or impossible to reverse later.