Quantcast

()()())((()()()()( Hi, it's Thursday, do you know where your marbles are? )()()()()()()()(()()(

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Ended up riding with woody last night. I was reminded of why I don't ride MTB in MA more often. Squiggly little trails trying to cram six miles in a 2mi box, basically feature-feature-feature with minimal trail in between. I am admittedly out of MTB shape but it would have been nice to see a little dirt between giant rock, 180 degree turn and 180 degree turn to giant rock. Huge crew with a good range of skill, but spending 15 minutes sessioning each feature led to us running out of daylight and me running out of time for parking lot beers. Hopefully the next ride will be sooner, but I also hope it will be on dirt instead of rocks.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Got to play in the rain for a bit today and my bossman made a cardboard shelter over me, worked a treat.
P_20220915_132904.jpg

Can't imagine anyone will care, but if you find yourself replacing wires in a loom staggering your joints reduces the likelihood of getting shorts between your new joins down the track and it fits in split tube better.
P_20220915_132922.jpg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ended up riding with woody last night. I was reminded of why I don't ride MTB in MA more often. Squiggly little trails trying to cram six miles in a 2mi box, basically feature-feature-feature with minimal trail in between. I am admittedly out of MTB shape but it would have been nice to see a little dirt between giant rock, 180 degree turn and 180 degree turn to giant rock. Huge crew with a good range of skill, but spending 15 minutes sessioning each feature led to us running out of daylight and me running out of time for parking lot beers. Hopefully the next ride will be sooner, but I also hope it will be on dirt instead of rocks.
this is why i ride solo

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
On the docket for today:

- dropping Baby Aya off at preschool
- half day WFH
- estimate and possibly just getting work done with electrician for new outlet in garage for second EV charging
- fasted lab work at noon or so
- apply for HELOC on mountain place and start poking around online for contractors for the interior
- dress rehearsal tonight for wind ensemble

Peloton @ 110 bpm at some point in the afternoon in there, too.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I hear you I like a good flow not talking about a flow trail but that you keep moving or my bike ADD come out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

MOAR training today.

Leg is extra sore this morning, hot damn. Need to find that THC cream that the girlfriend has, whatever is in it, it works.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Redtail hawk just went after some creatures at our bird feeder and crashed into the sliding door in the process. Scared the crap out of me.

Took down a huge Autumn Olive last night. The canopy must have been 20' tall and 25' across, but now it's all on the ground, limbed, and ready to be chipped.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

MOAR training today.

Leg is extra sore this morning, hot damn. Need to find that THC cream that the girlfriend has, whatever is in it, it works.
THC or CBD? Wifey had some CBD cream years back that was a magical pain relief solution. Haven't found anything that good since.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
NTF?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
THC or CBD? Wifey had some CBD cream years back that was a magical pain relief solution. Haven't found anything that good since.
She said it was THC and that there was a lot of it packed into this little container.

Also that hawk must have been cool to see, I love seeing them. Have only seen a few since the leaves have grown in this summer.

I remember a few summer ago I was riding along kind of day dreaming and all of a sudden there was this SWOOSH SWOOSH SWOOSH going overhead. Look up and there is a Coopers hawk weaving in and out of the trees. So cool to see.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
are they on sale or something? have heard rumors that a revamped lineup is on the way.
Planets and finances just aligned, so I decided to pull the trigger. I've also heard similar rumours. Maybe it's a "bad time" to get a new bike, with next year's models right on the cusp of being released, but whatever. The new bike will be slightly less travel, probably a little lighter, and maybe (maybe) be a little better (at least on paper) for the majority of the riding I do... while still being plenty capable on the stuff where a few more mm's of travel would be nice to have.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Planets and finances just aligned, so I decided to pull the trigger. I've also heard similar rumours. Maybe it's a "bad time" to get a new bike, with next year's models right on the cusp of being released, but whatever. The new bike will be slightly less travel, probably a little lighter, and maybe (maybe) be a little better (at least on paper) for the majority of the riding I do... while still being plenty capable on the stuff where a few more mm's of travel would be nice to have.
The important questions....

What colour is it this time?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
She said it was THC and that there was a lot of it packed into this little container.

Also that hawk must have been cool to see, I love seeing them. Have only seen a few since the leaves have grown in this summer.

I remember a few summer ago I was riding a lot kind of day dreaming and all of a sudden there was this SWOOSH SWOOSH SWOOSH going overhead. Look up and there is a Coopers hawk weaving in and out of the trees. So cool to see.
20220729_092301_copy_477x1008.jpg

Was playing golf a few months back and had 6 retail hawks shadowing us along an entire hole, flying around and making a racket. Those things are flying death machines, like cats with wings. Anyway, best picture I could get of 2 of them just chilling in a tree above the tee box.

SB130 LR?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
this is why i ride solo
I usually do, but I thought "Group ride, cool new friends" The reality was it was a huge group, I am slow as it's been around a year since I've been on the MTB, and I have zero experience on those trails. Lots of discussion about farts tho.
I hear you I like a good flow not talking about a flow trail but that you keep moving or my bike ADD come out.
yes, I'm all for dirt ribbons with technical sections and fast chunder or whatever the bros call it now, but this was basically 4 wheeling on bikes. Incredibly slow progress just crawling over huge rock formations, then yeeting down the other side.

Our ride took 2 hours, we covered 5.5 miles. My garmin has auto-stop on, it recorded an hour of riding.
that's the one.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
honestly I'm surprised to see as many people in agreement, I thought I'd be dismissed as a weenie

traffic freaking sucked this morning. I need to revisit cycle commuting or getting an ebike

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
honestly I'm surprised to see as many people in agreement, I thought I'd be dismissed as a weenie

traffic freaking sucked this morning. I need to revisit cycle commuting or getting an ebike
Different strokes for different folks, as CrabJoe is fond of saying. Though, come to think of it, I'm not sure hes saying that in reference to biking.... :think:

Me, I love some good old fashioned rock crawling. Kind of fun working on balance -> power moves. But I can see how it's not for everyone, sometimes it's fun to put down miles on something flowier.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
that's the one.
Well, it's an outlier, one of a kind in MA. I only rode it twice, both times with very capable riders while I was just a beginner, and it was slippery as heck because we rode on tails of passing thunderstorms. I'd like to ride it again some day, but it is not a place I would be returning to often.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well, it's an outlier, one of a kind in MA. I only rode it twice, both times with very capable riders while I was just a beginner, and it was slippery as heck because we rode on tails of passing thunderstorms. I'd like to ride it again some day, but it is not a place I would be returning to often.
That Needham Town Forest? Never ridden there before.