Quantcast

Hi Y'all!

SingleGuy

Chimp
Feb 2, 2008
Japan
New member here, just wanting to say hi. Have finally registered, need a break from empty beer. Must say, it's a breath of fresh air over here!

Cheers! and yoroshiku

Chris

ps: Here are some random bike shots, hope you like. I didn't put a lot of thought into which ones to include. Japan is a nice place for biking.

Attachments

SingleGuy

Chimp
Feb 2, 2008
Japan
Hey, good to see you here.

You certainly do have some unique riding over in Japan. Hope to see more of that here.
Thanks GT, and others, for the welcome. I have a fair few pictures, at the risk of boring you all sensless, I will post more. It's bedtime here, so just another one or three for now.

'night!

Attachments

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hey Hey Welcome to the Monkey!!! Hope you enjoy your time here. Trying to make this a good natured and informative and fun 29er forum.

Nice Karate Monkey!

Cheers,

Mark

Drevil

Chimp
Apr 11, 2004
Nice of you to stop in here Chris! On a non-bike related note, have you seen this japanese-centric blog? Pretty funny stuff :)

Hup

Chimp
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Welcome. Great looking bike and photos. I would love to go to Japan with a couple of bikes and explore.

The first photo reminds me of British Columbia.

J

SingleGuy

Chimp
Feb 2, 2008
Japan
Welcome. Great looking bike and photos. I would love to go to Japan with a couple of bikes and explore.

The first photo reminds me of British Columbia.

J
Thanks again. I really love my KM! Crazy to love an inanimate object, but better than loving a handgun...

It was a pleasant surprise to find how much quality riding there is here, but it probably shouldn't have been given it is the home of Shimano, IRC, Tioga, etc. Friends and I have also noted the similarities between here and BC, we are just missing the freeride scene. What little FR there is is kept pretty secret as it is almost all either on private land or built in secret (and illegally) in public land.

I rode DH for a few years, and then raced a little in '04-'06, but now just occasionally DH. Back into the trail riding life - much more my style, and cheaper! DH sure is fun though, and they have some pretty good courses, with good amenities and often free camping.

Better do some work now, so more later,

Chris

SingleGuy

Chimp
Feb 2, 2008
Japan
Nice of you to stop in here Chris! On a non-bike related note, have you seen this japanese-centric blog? Pretty funny stuff :)
Hey Drevil, thanks! That blog is awesome, you have no idea how true it all is - I nearly wet myself laughing, which is not a good look in a Japanese office, you aren't allowed to enjoy yourself at work (luckily I am hidden away in the corner so noone noticed...phew!).

Attachments