Quantcast

Hidden Valley Trails R.I.P.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
A terrible day for trails in California. We lost some of the best trails ever built in this great state. I shed a tear today. I'm so sick of this bull$hit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Times like this I think of what it was like growing up skating. Getting arrested, having ramps torn down, fighting with security guards.........and now there's a sweet concrete park in almost every major city in america.

I just hope I'm not too old to see the day when the same thing happens with dirtjumps on public land.

Sad I never got to see how rad that place was in person.

RIP

Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
Sucks man. Those were just shot not long ago either. I remember seeing some killer pics put up here. What actually happened? Some BS usually goes down to spark these things....

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
That really sucks, I was in the facebook group and signed the petition.

I hope you guys rebuild somewhere else, and may you have dirtjumps flowing forever.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Wow that blows.

A lot of dirt parks ar poping up know, we have pleasenton and livermore.

BTW, what happend? Did the city just decide to tear them down?

HBFR33R!D3

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
huntington beach
damn im pissed, i went out there on saturday to check it out with one of my friends and the whole end of the trails were gone, i was so mad, but oh well what can we do. I was lucky enough to view some of the most insane riding i have ever seen go down back at the end of December and i will never forget it.

R.I.P Hidden Valley

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
that sucks, had a chance to ride them once but our coach wouldnt let us for fear we might hurt our selves pre race season-gay. so sorry for the loss guys, but remember for every death there is rebirth of something just as good or better!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
To all the locals at Hidden Valley - I'm very sorry to hear about the loss. The place looked like a work of art from the pics.

The fact that the town saw something riders were willing to put their heart and soul into, tear it down and make it even worse if they did it again is sickening. How many tennis, basketball courts or baseball diamonds would be made if ball players didn't already have them?

Best of luck to the riders in that area - I really hope something else will get going for you guys.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Check out the Hidden Valley trails in Dusk til Dirt, at Littermag.com right now. We filmed the $hit out of the trails for the last year. You will see a ton of them in the DVD.

ReVolVeRage

Monkey
Dec 28, 2006
MD/ NYC
I feel your pain, my trails just got plowed too. 4 years of work, 4 lines, and a bowl, gone.

It's a shame to see places go, sorry bro.