Quantcast

High Gear Racing fall Windrock trip Info

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
Well there has be a lot of talking about Windrock as of late. Not a lot of it has been positive. This thread is to change that..........

All the racing is done. The days are begin to shorten. The leaves are turning. The air is crisp and clean. That can mean only one thing....... Fall has arrived. With that comes a last trip south......A road trip....
High Gear Racing is packing up there bikes getting one more ride out of old gear. ...
I've got 25 of my best friends.
We are going to Windrock
Nov. 17th and 18th, The Midwest will invade the trails of WATVC.
I always have room on my shuttle but this year with 15 or so coming down and 7 coming up from georgia. I have saved room for a few locals as well...but other than that I will NOT be able assure ANYONE a ride up...... That being said If the late afternoon and the shuttle is going up, you want to take one more run but your buddy doesn't want to drive you up..... If there's room by all means we will take you up.
If you have been there when we are there before. You know how much fun it is. If you haven't then get there that weekend.
If you have never been there. Then get there that weekend.
I have been planning a spring and fall trip here for 4 years. It is always one of the best weekends of riding we ever have.
Sure would be nice to have a big party weekend with people cooking lunches on a bbq. Dinner the same. ALL of us sitting around a fire having maybe a beer or 6. talking about what a great place Windrock is to ride...What do you all think ( you see the way "you all" is two words up north) who's going and do you like my idea????- JM

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Maybe these guys can join?

I just want to point out to those new to the South forum that those are actual DH riders from Alabama...who never seem to show up as the same character twice. Should you meet a really creepy redneck at the trailhead and want to run and hide...you've got a 50/50 shot of it being a preppy DH'er in disguise. Or if it's Braswell , odds go 10/90 ...:crazy:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Whose house those boys partyin' in I recognize several of the plates on the
wall - I have alot of the same ones with different numbers on em of course..

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Just to refresh everyone's memory. This is approaching fast. I just heard today that Industry Nine will be providing dogs and burgers on Saturday. Huge thanks to Jeff and Fred! Don't forget they are raffling off some J-bend hubs to benefits the local SORBA chapter who will be building XC trails out at Windrock this winter.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
How many years have you been doing this? Selling a practically brand new bike just before the best riding of the year? :disgust1:
Every single year. And the best riding of the year is now, but trail riding is where it's at. This is the first year I've ever been so broke I had to sell my trail bike to keep riding DH all summer. Normally by now, I'd have logged a few hundred miles of Bent Creek, Mills River, Davidson River, Kitsuma mileage on my trail bike. But I'm currently pretty much unemployed and making not a dime.

www.mortgageimplode.com ...175 lenders closed shop since February. Times for me are tough, that's all. I'll be back on a DH bike in the spring.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I have some bars and cranks he can use. I think we all can come up with enough parts to put a bike togther.

Doug I have some stuff to raffel off from a few sponsors. I will let you know more soon.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Man this post makes me sad... The last group ride of the year - I gotta miss this one. Damn!
I got to pull a Cecil!-hahaha -Wife has us box seats to see the Police. Lord help. At least there are free drinks eh.
Hey I did get to hit 4 trips up there this year so got to give her a day too, right!
Look how many guys never get to this disneyworld.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
So fellas. I'm a little late to the party here, but I was wondering...There's a good chance I can make it out this weekend, but I may be coming alone. Anybody want to sponsor me for shuttles? I'd be glad to chip in for gas. I'd also like to share some accommodation's if anyone is interested. I know a few of you that will be there. Shoot me a PM or post up if you can help. Thanks. Mark.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Man this post makes me sad... The last group ride of the year - I gotta miss this one. Damn!
I got to pull a Cecil!-hahaha -Wife has us box seats to see the Police. Lord help. At least there are free drinks eh.
Hey I did get to hit 4 trips up there this year so got to give her a day too, right!
Look how many guys never get to this disneyworld.
Ha Ha!!!! I'm going this time!!!!! The wife cleared me for the whole weekend!!!!