Quantcast

Highbride Park

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
I was thinking of doing some dj at highbridge this weekend. ive never been there, ive seen videos and it looks pretty sweet. does anybody on here go there? isnt there a really short dh run and some xc trails and a pump track too? im like 1 1/2 hours from there, is it even worth the drive?

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Haven't been there since october of last year. The DJs and pump track were pretty nice, I guess, though by this point they might be kind of worn. I haven't actually ridden the DH run but I've heard it's around 40 seconds long. The xc trails are fairly challenging, tight singletrack, some switchbacks, log-overs.

It's a fantastic spot for people in NYC (I used to ride there when I lived in the city but haven't been back since). I don't know of any other places with a real dj/pump park and trails, but I'm not that familiar with the non-lift accessed parks in the northeast. Might be worth a drive, but if you're planning on being there after dark, don't go alone. It's not a great neighborhood.

IAMAPRO

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
PM Turdfino - he lives in the woods over there. or try jbodner, he helped organize that park.

TankerX

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
The best place Fo Sho
The jumps got a lil refacing by locals making a bit steeper than it was originally. The Dh trails are really tech but at some sections requires a lil pedaling up inclines. So u won't need a big DH sled to ride, just bring a hardtail or short travel bikes for the trails. I believe the jumps are a bit beat from riding and the dirt(sandy/pebble) doesn't maintainm to well IMO but it's something to ride. MAybe u can try Cunningham Park in Queens which has 2 pump tracks and really nice sets of jumps that require finesse and flow, not like Highbridge on just straight line into tables.

The303Kid

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Bergen County
I go up to highbridge all the time and i might go up this weekend, the jumps are realy fun and easy to progress/ get tricks down on, the dh run isnt worth the hike up so dont bring a dh, the jumps are always in rideable condition but every once and a while do need maintence but its deff worth the trip there

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
actually i was talkin to my buddy that actually rides there a lot now and says the jumps are in great condition. dont bring a dh, there are too many things to ride on a hardtail in the city

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
thanks for the input guys, i wasnt gonna like plan a trip or anything. i just wanna know if i go, it will be a good time. that place in queens sounds cool though, just might have to look into that. i might just go rip some bmx track this weekend idk

rossp

Chimp
Jul 26, 2007
that guy doesnt stop moving... its like there is a motor on his bike
seriously - watching Jurgen Beneke ride those trails was an education. On what was basically a xc bike he ripped the DH section of that race. He rode the four legs of the race in a solo effort on one bike and was faster than all but one of the teams who had individual riders and bikes (xc, road bike on the climb etc). awesome and a super nice guy too.

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
im going to highbridge on sunday with my buddy. if anybody else is going, ill be the one with a bmx and a fullface.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
i can do Sunday.... But as i said before... do not expect any can cans or 360's from me.... sh!t, i'd be happy is can bunny hop 3 inches....

May 9, 2006
NYC
take a broom, I swept them out wednesday but the leaves are falling and the landings are as sandy as my local beach back home.
Lips are in good shape however so have fun.
dave how can you hit the dominions and yet not clear these..
They are a 1/3 of the size.
Just relax, pedal at 'em and pull up!

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
take a broom, I swept them out wednesday but the leaves are falling and the landings are as sandy as my local beach back home.
Lips are in good shape however so have fun.
dave how can you hit the dominions and yet not clear these..
They are a 1/3 of the size.
Just relax, pedal at 'em and pull up!
Weird right... i can clear all Dominions.... but i have a hard time clearing Dj's on a hardtail.... i dunno.....

maybe i'm retard!

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Thought you were going to C'ham? Too bad I'm this guy right now. :plthumbsdown:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Oh yeah... forgot to mentions to everyone... the PLAN in Cunningham for Sunday... Chun, Vas and I headed to C'Ham for Sunday!

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
i was planning on going to both highbridge and cunningham, being that they are only like 10 minutes away. im used to broom duty so ill deffinatly bring my broom along. ill show how to hit dirt jumps dave!

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Dave you missed an epic day at highbridge. There is a step up now. But your cunningham day was probably awesome, just saying that everyone was at highbridge while you just ditched me and bmxracer62. Haha

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I really think that Cunningham is much more "funner" than HB... but i'm glad you guys had a great time....

got any pics?

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
highbridge was fun but i wan to go to cunningham next time. me and my buddy rode our bikes at night through a lot of the city. we went over to yankees staduim and found an insane skatepark, it was just closing though. ny is awesome! i am gonna put some pics and vid up asap.

TankerX

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
The best place Fo Sho
At highbridge u plow through the jumps opposed to Cunnigham, you need to flow through them! I like both spots but seems like Cunnigham has a better pump track, yet 2 of them and jumps/berms are dope!

Highbridge, love the dominican booty for sure!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
All gravy , but I dont understand why you seem to think this is in the Bronx!

Its manhattan! Bronx is on the other side of the river.

Cunningham next?

Last edited:

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
All gravy , but I dont understand why you seem to think this is in the Bronx!

Its manhattan! Bronx is on the other side of the river.

Cunningham next?

im a country boy, i dont know the city! we were in the bronx at one point. cunningham is next on the list but im all wrapped up in this new dh trail im building. ill be out there soon enough.