Quantcast

Highland Mountain Open for the Season!

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009
Highland Mountain steps it up this season (again!)

(Northfield, NH) - Highland Mountain came out of the gate with guns blaring this season. After a record breaking year in 2009 Highland has stepped up their game once again with new trails, a state of the art indoor training center, and a line up of camp programs that will turn any newbie into a shredder in no time.

Owner, Mark Hayes had a vision over the winter as he looked over his snow covered parking lot. He decided then and there that it was time to bring the mountain indoors and from Mark?s vision was born the Highland Training Center. The 9,100 square foot indoor facility includes custom designed ramps and foam pit by pro rider Dave Smutok. ?I can?t wait! Highland has many freeride features up on the hill and now with the HTC opening later in June it is going to tie everything together creating a perfect avenue to progress your riding in the safest way possible? explains Smutok.

Not only is Highland expanding the mountain indoors, they are also adding to the ever growing trail network. ?Happy Hour? made its debut to the world on opening day, with its smooth flowy lines it was a hit from the start. The trail crew continues to work on Highland?s signature trail ?Hellion? with an additional expansion of the trail opening later this month.

Mark Hayes puts it simply, ?I couldn?t be more fired up about building this park right now. The kick off of the 2010 season is breaking rider visit numbers and the Highland crew?s dedication to drive on is unstoppable. This sport is about to detonate and we couldn?t be more ready for the challenge.?

With the expansion of indoor and outdoor terrain Highland has also expanded their learning experience with the Highland Camp program. As the only mountain on the east coast to cater to all rider types Highland can bring the never ever to shredder in no time. Highland recently unveiled the Ayr Academy, a week long, overnight camp for the young guns, complete with guest celebrity coaches, access to the Highland Training Center and more.

?The crew at Highland never cease to amaze me. Every year they raise the bar higher and higher and 2010 is no exception. I cannot wait to spend my summer riding and filming there? explains Highland local and pro freerider Aaron Chase.

Stay tuned to highlandmountain.com for more information on these programs and visit claymorechallenge.com for information about the 3rd Annual Claymore Challenge.

About Highland: Highland Mountain Bike Park is located just an hour and a half north of Boston in Northfield, NH. The mountain boasts multiple trails, lift accessible terrain, dirt jump park, a full service Café and Bar, bike/repair shop, and state of the art indoor training facility.

Attachments