Quantcast

Hikes

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
So I'm on my own this weekend - the firsttime in a long time, so didn't have much to do or really know what to plan... So I got my butt up and went hiking...

Cougar Mtn State Park, near the city - I wasn't comfortable going way out into the boonies when no one would know where I was...

I did 14 miles in 4 hours hiking around...I only meant to do ten, but I kept finding neat offshoots to go look at waterfalls and caves and lookouts and stuff...Saw a coupla deer, bumped into some stray dogs that growled at me and were kinda scary, only saw a few people, got really muddy....

Anyone else go do local hikes for fun sometimes?

Mom n Dad made me steaks for dinner and gave me a grill...:) :thumb:

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I hike often. Well ok every few weeks. Sometimes I don't feel like riding or just can't decide what I want to ride. So I hike. Usually the same trails I ride to visualize or sometimes to find new trails in general (hike up rainbow always finds new trails)

I enjoy it :)

Sep 8, 2004
I do a bit of hiking now and then. Generally with my camera gear, and that slows me down considerably. You should do the Carbon Glacier hike, if you haven't already, its pretty easy, but there are tons of other trails up there. Heck, you can summit Mt. rainier via that trail (of course, you'd have to take other trails off of it). Nifty scenery, a glacier, critters, a suspension bridge, its pretty nifty.

-James.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i ride too much, but when i don't i'll get into the hike thing. This was a couple weeks ago at Middle Fork Snoqualmie, which hopefully will soon open to mt. biking.