Quantcast

hill to ride demo8s?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
instead of spending time creating dumb rumors maybe you should get out and spend more time on your bike. :plthumbsdown:

Dave made it clear that there would be ONE dw*link DH bike and the cat is already out of the bag for that one.

Velonews needs to stick to roadie coverage...
WOW!!! Your first prostate check is gonna be a laugher there tighty!:bonk:

Does it count if I rode for 2 hours Saturday, an hour yesterday and am riding my road bike to work tomorrow? Would I be back in your good graces by sun up?:cupidarrow:

Oh..and the best rumors to spread are the ones before Interbike. Nothing like lighting a stink bomb before the principal can cut on the exhaust fan! :thumb:

It must suck to know I was right about TWO DH dw-link bikes too. :happydance:

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
The Pivot isn't a "DH" bike, its a "FR" bike with 6.6" of travel...

So unless they have 2 brand new models coming, the 2nd DW DH bike isn't coming from them...

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
The Pivot isn't a "DH" bike, its a "FR" bike with 6.6" of travel...

So unless they have 2 brand new models coming, the 2nd DW DH bike isn't coming from them...
I think it would be hilarious if it came from Specialized. Afterall I believe their patent ran out this year...

*highly unlikely btw*

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Having seen one, its a glorified Reign X for 3x the money.:twitch:
So... you closed your eyes and saw yourself extensively testriding it, whereupon you decided it rode exactly like the reign, with equivalent build quality and therefore is not worth any more than the reign. Great review! :plthumbsdown:

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
So... you closed your eyes and saw yourself extensively testriding it, whereupon you decided it rode exactly like the reign, with equivalent build quality and therefore is not worth any more than the reign. Great review! :plthumbsdown:
No, but unless they sprinkled some pixie dust all over it, how magical can it be compared to other DWlink bikes, or Maestro, which even DW himself claims are a rip off of his designs.

Pivot's are made in Taiwan, so there is no point to a build quality argument that they are US built like one could make with Turner. Not to mention the fact that if you looked at how many companies that Giant builds frames for that most people don't ever realize, the argument that their frames are somehow lower quality would be made moot.

I guess it all comes back to "Your Sh!t Don't Stink With DWLink!"

sixsixtysix

Monkey
Mar 6, 2005
Hell
Ok cool, I thought the WB looked a little short for a DH frame.

Yup, and if you look, the rear shock is actually pretty short. Like 8x2.5 or probably 7.87x2.25 for 6.6" of travel. The bottom mount is about 3" above the BB and above the lower linkage.

Looked like an alright freeride bike, but nothing special. Then again, when Chris owned Titus, the couple attempts at entering the DH/FR market weren't exactly successful either with the Quasimoto and Super Moto.