Quantcast

Hillary -vs- Obama

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Uh oh! This isn't going to help Obama...

Obama's gotta vision alright... :disgust1:

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=56405

Senator Obama has sponsored the Global Poverty Act. This bill has already passed the House and is now in the Senate. If it becomes law it would require Americans to pay a global tax that would go to the United Nations. In addition, it would commit nations to banning "small arms and light weapons" and ratifying a series of treaties, including the International Criminal Court Treaty, the Kyoto Protocol (global warming treaty), the Convention on Biological Diversity, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Obama will be a far more impactful PotUS than even Bush.

Whether it will be good or bad is still to be seen.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
And that's bad because....?
It's not bad, but it is scary.

Obama is the exact opposite of GWBush. Obama is in favor of a kind of World Govt., extensive social programs, being a good global citizen.

These things are wonderful, but it's MORE intrusive (in opposite ways) as Bush's policies. And these changes will require sacrifices from American citizens.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
RUMOR MILL

The word on the street is that the Obama campaign and New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg have already met and devised an incredible plan if Clinton wins the nominee. Mayor Bloomberg would give nearly $1 billion to Obama's campaign after which Obama would bolt from the Democratic Party and run as an Independent candidate with king-maker Bloomberg as his running mate.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
RUMOR MILL

The word on the street is that the Obama campaign and New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg have already met and devised an incredible plan if Clinton wins the nominee. Mayor Bloomberg would give nearly $1 billion to Obama's campaign after which Obama would bolt from the Democratic Party and run as an Independent candidate with king-maker Bloomberg as his running mate.
Ensuring McCain the Presidency?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Exactly. Lots of people like Bloomberg. Heck, if Obama (who should win Dem Nom) doesn't take Gov.Richardson, he should still consider Bloomberg.
What does Obama's wife look like? He should take a veep with a hot wife or even consider a hot chick as veep.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I'll be voting Obama. I do like her views on healthcare a little better, but Obama's ideas are solid. All of the rest of his ideas are good and align with the middle class (me). I also think he is humble and likely wont let his emotions get in the way of his thinking. Unlike Hillary... she has an ego with its own gravity field. Did you see Obama's notepad last night? That was Hillary's ego trying to suck it in. She is also emotionaly driven, I don't see that as a strength in a president at all.

There is also one thing that I don't hear much talk about that, to me, is an issue. Now this isn't a sexist thing at all... believe me, I have no problem with a woman being president. However, we are at odds with multiple arab nations who absolutely don't respect women. I cant see them recognizing the authority of a country with a female leader.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
However, we are at odds with multiple arab nations who absolutely don't respect women. I cant see them recognizing the authority of a country with a female leader.
:stupid:

The flip side also being that Obama isn't another "rich white guy" either. I think that he will have a larger global impact based on the fact he is the embodiment of change.

I would still be voting for him, even if he was another rich white guy because his views are inline with mine for 80% of the issues.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

The flip side also being that Obama isn't another "rich white guy" either. I think that he will have a larger global impact based on the fact he is the embodiment of change.
Anytime I listened to a friend of mine discuss conversations with her on again off again boyfriend from morocco, I get the impression he and his muslim friends view african american males as sub human. Including black males who happen to be muslim.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Anytime I listened to a friend of mine discuss conversations with her on again off again boyfriend from morocco, I get the impression he and his muslim friends view african american males as sub human. Including black males who happen to be muslim.
That may very well be. Our image in the middle East is f-ed, no matter who's in office, I guess.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
are they viewed as subhuman b/c of their african, or american, heritage?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
He said that he pledges during the Pledge of Allegiance, he says you sing during the Star Spangled Banner.

I don't pledge when they play the SSB. It is not that big of a deal that Barack does either.
it's not that big a deal until he wants to play CiC.

then it's a big deal.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD

I would still be voting for him, even if he was another rich white guy because his views are inline with mine for 80% of the issues.
Nope, just another rich black guy...you don't just crawl up outta da hood and run for Prez.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And we all know how accurate these polls have been thus far.

Last estimate was Hillary had to win the remaining states by a margin of at least 60%, but that was when she was pulling all her Super delegates. I haven't looked today, but it seems she has lost at least 5 in the last few weeks.