Quantcast

Hillary -vs- Obama

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
it's real simple...Hilary is a woman and Obama is black so no way either of them has a real shot at the presidency...I think it's funny how folks actually pretend they do. The US hasn't changed it's views on minorities and women since I've left!....D

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
it's real simple...Hilary is a woman and Obama is black so no way either of them has a real shot at the presidency...I think it's funny how folks actually pretend they do. The US hasn't changed it's views on minorities and women since I've left!....D
we loves us some condi down here, but she's not married, so she's a no-show.

but yeah, we do have some racism to work out, starting with racial quotas.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Agreed. Was discussing this with friends last night.

The average American isn't all that smart, half of Americans are dumber than average.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
i've said it before and i'll say it again- it's fixed! the obama hype is just meant to empower people and make the race emotional.

i must say N 8, you've been pretty witty on this page!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
good god this is coming down to the wire. i'm voting ham sandwich if hillary gets the nod for the democratic nominee though.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Unless Hillary carries at least 60% of ALL remaining states, she won't have enough points. She lost VT and Texas is damn near split 50/50.

Ohio is a shocker, though. I didn't think she would do as well there.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
She won Ohio, so she's going to stay in it until the motherfvcking convention, even though she STILL will not win the nomination.

She needs to fvcking bow out, she's going to enable a Republican victory in November. It shows through and through that she runs on NOTHING but emotion. Moron.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Donnie, man, come on. Even if one of them doesn't win, this race has demonstrated massive changes in society over time. It was a huge issue when Geraldine Ferraro was VP candidate when I was a kid. Now, no one's batting a public eye at the fact that one of the candidates for Pres. is, for sure, going to be either a woman or a black man.

Even if one of them loses to McCain (which seems improbable to me--and if they do, I chalk it up to the Democrat's amazing ability to choke in any situation), the old standards have changed. Look at another example. Our society is arguing about gay marriage, amazingly. Whether or not this comes about soon, gay people and gay relationships are part of the public dialouge, not something to be hidden from view. This is GOOD! (Especially for Westy, but I digress...) Things are moving in the right directions, IMHO.

Edit: To act so discouraged and hopeless doesn't seem to do credit to the people who have fought to make things better in the past.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8V7ALBG2&show_article=1

Clinton Hints at Shared Ticket
Mar 5 09:11 AM US/Eastern
By JIM KUHNHENN and CALVIN WOODWARD
Associated Press Writer

Asked on CBS's "The Early Show" whether she and Obama should be on the same ticket, Clinton said:

"That may be where this is headed, but of course we have to decide who is on the top of ticket. I think the people of Ohio very clearly said that it should be me."

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Clinton Hints at Shared Ticket
Mar 5 09:11 AM US/Eastern
By JIM KUHNHENN and CALVIN WOODWARD
Associated Press Writer

Asked on CBS's "The Early Show" whether she and Obama should be on the same ticket, Clinton said:

"That may be where this is headed, but of course we have to decide who is on the top of ticket. I think the people of Ohio very clearly said that it should
That's the only thing she has left. People seem to forget that she's still behind in delegates. And the delegate math didn't change much last night. VT and RI canceled each other out, she won a few (20?) delegates in OH, but when it comes down to it, Obama will have picked up more delegates in TX than she will have... The media (and N8) want this horserace to keep going, but unless she a) convinces the remaining superdelegates to back her, regardless of the pledged delegate count or b) somehow figures out how to seat (or redo) FL and MI.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Donnie, man, come on. Even if one of them doesn't win, this race has demonstrated massive changes in society over time. It was a huge issue when Geraldine Ferraro was VP candidate when I was a kid. Now, no one's batting a public eye at the fact that one of the candidates for Pres. is, for sure, going to be either a woman or a black man.

Even if one of them loses to McCain (which seems improbable to me--and if they do, I chalk it up to the Democrat's amazing ability to choke in any situation), the old standards have changed. Look at another example. Our society is arguing about gay marriage, amazingly. Whether or not this comes about soon, gay people and gay relationships are part of the public dialouge, not something to be hidden from view. This is GOOD! (Especially for Westy, but I digress...) Things are moving in the right directions, IMHO.

Edit: To act so discouraged and hopeless doesn't seem to do credit to the people who have fought to make things better in the past.

Why I oughta smite you with my golden banana.

The country has come a long way but there still is a dirty underbelly that just doesn't get talked about. People are PC aware and just don't say the things that they know they shouldn't. That will not stop them from voting for that they may not voice.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
The country has come a long way but there still is a dirty underbelly that just doesn't get talked about. People are PC aware and just don't say the things that they know they shouldn't. That will not stop them from voting for that they may not voice.
kinda cuts both ways. the al sharptons of the world won't stop yammering on about this "cause" & that until the situation warrants he be unemployable as a race-baiter. and he can't have that, for it would be another black man out of a job, which is racist.

recently went to my 20th hs reunion & i had forgotten how racially diverse my class was. seems to me since then, i've had to be reminded to pay attention to skin color in order to treat everyone irrespective of skin color.

thanks, al.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
kinda cuts both ways. the al sharptons of the world won't stop yammering on about this "cause" & that until the situation warrants he be unemployable as a race-baiter. and he can't have that, for it would be another black man out of a job, which is racist.

recently went to my 20th hs reunion & i had forgotten how racially diverse my class was. seems to me since then, i've had to be reminded to pay attention to skin color in order to treat everyone irrespective of skin color.

thanks, al.

It is a ****ed up situation but you have to remember that it was about a generation ago when in many parts of this country minorities were openly and legally discriminated in horrible ways. You just can't change the way a country thinks when a large percentage of it's people grew up in an environment like that.

I think the solution is to kill everyone over 45 no matter their race.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's the only thing she has left. People seem to forget that she's still behind in delegates. And the delegate math didn't change much last night. VT and RI canceled each other out, she won a few (20?) delegates in OH, but when it comes down to it, Obama will have picked up more delegates in TX than she will have... The media (and N8) want this horserace to keep going, but unless she a) convinces the remaining superdelegates to back her, regardless of the pledged delegate count or b) somehow figures out how to seat (or redo) FL and MI.
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton netted only a 12-delegate pickup.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch

I am quite vocal about my hate for jews, puerto ricans, midgets and the dutch. A badge I wear proudly

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
umm...seeing how you're referencing logan's run....DIE MOTHER****ER, DIE MOTHER****ER, DIE!

no offense.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

Not saying that racism is eradicated like smallpox (kept in reserve only by the Russians and Area 51...), but the very fact that the two candidates chosen by the Democratic party are a black man and a woman speaks well to the lessening prejudices of voters...it's not like someone sent them to the party as token candidates...they were chosen, which does pretty much indicate that people's old prejudices are wearing away over time and generations.