Quantcast

Hillary -vs- Obama

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
damn, exit polling from the Dem race in PA showed that:

Sixteen percent of white voters said race mattered in deciding who they voted for...
that's pretty ****ed up... thank god this appears to be showing itself in states with older demographics (PA is 2nd oldest, after FL), and hopefully as time goes on the younger, more tolerant generations take over.

my other question for the night is, if this MASSIVE number of Clinton supporters (50%+) either will vote for McCain or stay home if Obama gets the nomination, why are the head to head matchups between Obama-McCain still so even (or in Obama's favor)? Methinks someone isn't telling the truth... :think:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
damn, exit polling from the Dem race in PA showed that:

that's pretty ****ed up... thank god this appears to be showing itself in states with older demographics (PA is 2nd oldest, after FL), and hopefully as time goes on the younger, more tolerant generations take over.

my other question for the night is, if this MASSIVE number of Clinton supporters (50%+) either will vote for McCain or stay home if Obama gets the nomination, why are the head to head matchups between Obama-McCain still so even (or in Obama's favor)? Methinks someone isn't telling the truth... :think:
do worry, a liberal will be the next pres no matter what...

:)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i had the privilege :rolleyes: of working security alongside the secret service at a hillary rally yesterday in my city. i was unaware of the nutjobs that come to these rally's....it might as well have been an american idol tour. it was like the screaming girls at the beatles concerts except the girls were old, ugly and butchy ;)

anyway, being that i'm registered as an independent i'll be voting for her today in the NC primaries just to try and keep hussein out of office :disgust:

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=2036

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
The primary reason to vote Hillary over Obama was her association of responsible economics during Bill's Admin. With her support of a gas tax vacation, she can go fock herself... she probably can.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
anyway, being that i'm registered as an independent i'll be voting for her today in the NC primaries just to try and keep hussein out of office :disgust:

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=2036
im pretty sure that video was personally edited by a combination or bill o'reilly and sean hanninty.

also that type of associative BS is akin to saying mccain was associating with the enemy in north vietnam for the 5+ years he was a POW there.

its one thing to dislike him because you disagree with his policies and ideas, but if your reason for disliking obama (as shown in your video link) is because his name sounds foreign/similar to osama/saddam, and because of that you think hes a secret america hating muslim trying to infiltrate our highest office, then that speaks volumes of your personal character. you might as well jsut say that you dont think a black person could handle the job.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The primary reason to vote Hillary over Obama was her association of responsible economics during Bill's Admin. With her support of a gas tax vacation, she can go fock herself... she probably can.
The quote on the Daily Show last night about her not listening to economists on matters concerning the economy (pertaining to the idea that suspending the gas tax is a bad idea and stuff) was funny.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
its one thing to dislike him because you disagree with his policies and ideas, but if your reason for disliking obama (as shown in your video link) is because his name sounds foreign/similar to osama/saddam, and because of that you think hes a secret america hating muslim trying to infiltrate our highest office, then that speaks volumes of your personal character. you might as well jsut say that you dont think a black person could handle the job.
i'm not that shallow to base my vote entirely on those claims but i do believe that his social ties are worth my concern. i completely disagree with nearly every political platform he stands on with the exception of ridding washington of lobbyist (although that'll never happen). maybe i'm just a "typical white person" (actually more cherokee indian than anything) but when it comes to leading the free world, i'd rather have a greedy politician who at least has served this country than a pseudo-marxist who won't even recognize the american flag. just too far left for my taste.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
thanks for throwing in the indian part, i can totally see it when you post pictures now. i always knew you weren't pure a cracker.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Do you consider the possibility that he refuses to pander?

I should think that everyone would respect him for that.
you cannot be sarious.

if you allow for this, then you must also allow for a whole host of other symbols, like the constitution (it's just a piece of paper), memorials (it's just a jingoistic attempt at art), federal holidays, etc.

understand that these symbols are held in great reverence by millions of americans, especially those who served in the military or who come from military families.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
i'm not that shallow to base my vote entirely on those claims but i do believe that his social ties are worth my concern. i completely disagree with nearly every political platform he stands on with the exception of ridding washington of lobbyist (although that'll never happen). maybe i'm just a "typical white person" (actually more cherokee indian than anything) but when it comes to leading the free world, i'd rather have a greedy politician who at least has served this country than a pseudo-marxist who won't even recognize the american flag. just too far left for my taste.
Comedy gold.

It's hard for you to keep that elephant in your closet, isn't it?

you cannot be sarious.

if you allow for this, then you must also allow for a whole host of other symbols, like the constitution (it's just a piece of paper), memorials (it's just a jingoistic attempt at art), federal holidays, etc.

understand that these symbols are held in great reverence by millions of americans, especially those who served in the military or who come from military families.
Wait...wait wait...Let me get this straight. Because he doesn't wear an lapel pin and refuses to pander to kneejerk reactionary douchebags...I'm not going to get into this. What I am going to get into is that's FVCKING RIDICULOUS. Why does the president need to be some crazed nationalist nutjob? You'd vote for Hitler if he wrapped himself in an American flag at every campaign rally.

I can see why I hate this place when there's people like Stinkle and the Grand Wizard Manimal taking up most of the general populace, but with far less articulate thought processes.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
you cannot be sarious.

I do understand that. I also think that pandering should be beneath a politician.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Comedy gold.

It's hard for you to keep that elephant in your closet, isn't it?
not quite sure what you're getting at but my heritage is predominately AI although my complexion is a stark contrast to my bloodline. i'm not sure i understand where the comedy is; probably some inexperienced college kid humor i guess.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Wait...wait wait...Let me get this straight. Because he doesn't wear an lapel pin and refuses to pander to kneejerk reactionary douchebags...I'm not going to get into this. What I am going to get into is that's FVCKING RIDICULOUS. Why does the president need to be some crazed nationalist nutjob? You'd vote for Hitler if he wrapped himself in an American flag at every campaign rally.
don't think binary. think continuum. and he's far down to one side. one could even say he's taken an extreme position on nat'l symbolism, which may be fine for you, but it's not about you.
I can see why I hate this place when there's people like Stinkle and the Grand Wizard Manimal taking up most of the general populace, but with far less articulate thought processes.
that hurts my feelings. i'm going to have to crank up the toby keith & wrap my kidney scraper in some light sweet crude to feel all better.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
you cannot be sarious.

So if I was to duck the draft, but put a yellow magnet on my car, I'll be fine with my level of "troop support"?

I think the whole pin thing is about as far fetched as I've seen in a while.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
yes, he refuses to pander to the american people of whom the flag represents.
You guys sound like a bunch of Nazis with their arms up because the black guy won't put on his armband.

Jesus Christ...he's not running to be head cheerleader and to tell you how smart your kids are and how beautiful your wife is and that having a family of four that weighs 900 pounds and that daddy drinking 20 cans of Bud Light a day is exactly how a God fearing American Patriot should be!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
not quite sure what you're getting at but my heritage is predominately AI although my complexion is a stark contrast to my bloodline. i'm not sure i understand where the comedy is; probably some inexperienced college kid humor i guess.
to me the comedy gold is the fact that that statement has no relevance to anything in this thread. is your "typical white person" phrase in reference to your fear of brown/non-christian people in office and then the mention of your cherokee heritage somehow precludes you from coming off as prejudice?

not completely taking a stab at you or calling you a racist here, i just don't get what you mean by "typical white person."

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
the Grand Wizard Manimal taking up most of the general populace, but with far less articulate thought processes.

ah yes, the good 'ole lefty punk card used on anyone with a different opinion. it's ok though, i've been called worse but usually from people with more life experience than so called education which is the exact opposite for you. if believing in a symbol that represents a nation makes me a part of some idiot redneck organization than send me some sheets :rolleyes:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
to me the comedy gold is the fact that that statement has no relevance to anything in this thread. is your "typical white person" phrase in reference to your fear of brown/non-christian people in office and then the mention of your cherokee heritage somehow precludes you from coming off as prejudice?

not completely taking a stab at you or calling you a racist here, i just don't get what you mean by "typical white person."
catch up man.
did you watch the video? i was referring to obama and his "typical white person" comment where he brags on his stereotype of all white people.