Quantcast

Hillary -vs- Obama

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Obama.

Only for the fact that so many right wing nut jobs are so white-hot with hate for Clinton. She may be nominate-able, but not electable.

Either way, a black man or a woman in office means at least one (most likely succesful) assassination attempt within the first year.

Most likely end result in all of this:

McCain woos the Repubs, gets a right wing nut job as a running mate, Repubs come out in droves to vote to maintain the empire, McCain dies of natural causes 2nd year in office, nut job takes the throne.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Pffffft.....says the "so-called" japanese guy....

Ah-so....meesah Toshi-san...so velly velly solly.....Ahh....a Fujistu nakamura toyota ninja shogun teryaki origami.....**GONNNNG**....(whirring and snapping sound of incessant photo-taking)
:lofr:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Stay the fvck off our roads and away from our ski areas!!!

You people are dangerous!
Dude, STFU before he gets made and karate chops the f*ck out of some ice blocks, wooden boards, or other inanimate, non-threatening objects.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Dude, STFU before he gets made and karate chops the f*ck out of some ice blocks, wooden boards, or other inanimate, non-threatening objects.
That's Chinese guys.

Japanese guys will confuse you to death with their television programming.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Maybe not paint it, but that lawn will need some serious redecorating. It would be funny to see the White House on "Cribs" though.
That would be off the hook.

And I mean that in the worst way possible.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
nut job takes the throne.
Obama since like Echo, I have listened to Hillary's crap in NY for the last few years. She swings by the area once in a while for a handshake with the local unions including my former employer then sits by as they ship massive amounts of work to China. I'm not pro-union but that's just one of things that bugs me.

Too bad Admiral Stockdale has since passed, that guy was hilarious during debates. Talk about first class nut job.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Stinkle will love this one, but while we're talking about someone getting the vote or not based on the superficialities of race and gender...

A friend who is doing her research in Ethiopia was talking about the global value of having a mixed-race president. She described how when she shows pictures of her American friends to her Ethiopian colleagues, they point to the Asian or Black ones and ask, "where is he from?" When she says "Minnesota," they say "no, but where did he COME from?" The idea and image of America the Melting Pot is totally lost to a good portion of the world. They see our TV and they see our politics, and they think Americans are white. Regardless of actual politics (there's the part that should chafe stinkles jumblies) there would be a huge boost to America's global image and diplomatic efforts simply from not having GW and Cheney (or Billary) be the (rich, white) face of America.
i just love how we're supposed to understand and endorse nearly every nuance of the global community (throwing a buttload of cash where we don't), yet the world burdens us with the responsibility of their ignorance of us.

if nothing else, it's breathtaking in its simplicity

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
"I think what people might point to is our different assessments of the war in Iraq," Obama said at the time, "although I’m always careful to say that I was not in the Senate, so perhaps the reason I thought it was such a bad idea was that I didn't have the benefit of U.S. intelligence.":
:

I think thats why I like him so much, that seems like a pretty honest thing to say.

Also

N8 said:
Of course Obama is about as black as I am hispanic...

And not to mention he didn't exactly live in the ghetto and go to inner city schools... hell he had a hard time getting acceptance from his urban peers for the longest time.:
Racist much?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I think thats why I like him so much, that seems like a pretty honest thing to say.

Also

Racist much?
:yawn:

just regurgitating what's in Obama's bio book..

and just for the record i am 1/2 hispanic.. but raised by gringos.. never had to live in the barrio.. big whoop.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Of course Obama is about as black as I am hispanic...

And not to mention he didn't exactly live in the ghetto and go to inner city schools... hell he had a hard time getting acceptance from his urban peers for the longest time.
Obama did not grow up in a ghetto environment. His father was Kenya, his mother a white American, both received Ph.D's, and Obama lived in many places outside the US.

So you are right, he is a not a traditional black man. Actually, he did not a traditional American, having traveled so much.

I believe in local Chicago politics, it did hurt him that he was not raised in a traditional black setting. However it helps Barack that he is non-traditional. I think even the smallest visual and verbal cues from a "ghetto" environment would hurt him with white America.

So he is not as "black" as your ideal black man, N 8:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
When it comes down to the line with a bunch of mysogonistic world leaders, whipping it out on the table loses its efficacy when 'it' is just a slab of beef curtains.
her vagine probably hangs like sleeve of wizard, so at least we'll still be able to intimidate the chinese and japanese.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just done did vote. It was interesting that there was a swarm of police running speed traps all around the polling location. Trying to prevent all those dope smoking Paulistas from voting I'd guess.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I just done did vote. It was interesting that there was a swarm of police running speed traps all around the polling location. Trying to prevent all those dope smoking Paulistas from voting I'd guess.
dirigibles don't go that fast, do they?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
It kooks me out that the first post in this thread is asking which candidate "left-leaning" people are voting for. As if either of those two Fascists are any less of corporate lap dogs than any of the other trash involved in national politics...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
It kooks me out that the first post in this thread is asking which candidate "left-leaning" people are voting for. As if either of those two Fascists are any less of corporate lap dogs than any of the other trash involved in national politics...
Blah blah blah blah! Go back to sipping Equal Exchange coffee at the Peoples Republic of Northampton! :busted:

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
I went to vote this morning with my fiancee in Capitol Hill in DC where we live. Walking toward the Eastern Market metro stop, we noticed a large crowd waiting in front of Dunkin Donuts on 8th St SE and a security detail out in front. We stuck around to see who would show up and within moments the black Suburbans pulled up. Adrian Fenty, the mayor of DC, popped out so it became apparent who would follow. Obama came out and I shook his hand. My first impression was that he looks taller on TV. :p

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I wonder if Obama will be over the top after today? Seems I get mixed reports, some showing he is ahead, some say he still trails. WTF?

<edit> It's the damn superdelegates.