Quantcast

Hillary -vs- Obama

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
did you watch the video? i was referring to obama and his "typical white person" comment where he brags on his stereotype of all white people.
i tried, but the amount of stupidity in it was too much and i have finals this week.

not to mention it still doesn't make sense, because you said yourself that you are mostly cherokee indian. ohhh, wait, right. we are making assumptions on skin color here because you look like an average white person.

edit: ok, so i just watched the youtube link that you just put up. i'm still confused as to how one should be offended by what he said. if anything black people should be offended by the fact that the majority of white people in america still are exactly like that.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
So if I was to duck the draft, but put a yellow magnet on my car, I'll be fine with my level of "troop support"?
i could give a flying gob what a private citizen does with american symbols, but when running for public office, i would expect nothing less than toeing the company line, especially when applying for the job of CiC
I think the whole pin thing is about as far fetched as I've seen in a while.
there's also the windshield sized che flag flying in a campaign office, & not acknowledging u.s. custom for the flag during the nat'l anthem.

he's not exactly blazing a shining path to 1600 penn

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
i'm not that shallow to base my vote entirely on those claims but i do believe that his social ties are worth my concern.
*whew*, thank god McCain doesn't have any of those issues...

I can understand voting for one candidate over another, as well as not agreeing with a certain candidates viewpoint on anything. However, they hysteria of "oh my god I'm voting against Obama because of who he is and I'm terrified of the very thought of his presidency" seems a bit beneath you, especially if it's centered on things like Wright and his refusal to pander to the American public.

<shrug>

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
hagee retracted his statements immediately when called on it, wright did not, even when given chance after chance, on show after show.
the difference is as stark as black & white: mccain's guy has demonstrated teachability & humility, obama's guy is closed-minded & hateful. good for his campaign that he dumped him; i hope(!) it was genuine.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
hagee retracted his statements immediately when called on it, wright did not, even when given chance after chance, on show after show.
the difference is as stark as black & white: mccain's guy has demonstrated teachability & humility, obama's guy is closed-minded & hateful. good for his campaign that he dumped him; i hope(!) it was genuine.
He did not retract his statement. He apologized for saying that he knew the "mind of God" Hell, the very first part of his "retraction" was a restating of his belief that New Orleans got drowned because of the faggots.

"As a believing Christian, I see the hand of God in everything that happens here on earth, both the blessings and the curses," Hagee said in a statement issued through his public relations firm. "But ultimately neither I nor any other person can know the mind of God concerning Hurricane Katrina. I should not have suggested otherwise. No matter what the cause of the storm, my heart goes out to all who suffered in this terrible tragedy. There but for the grace of God go any one of us."

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/04/hagee_retracts.html

I took the liberty of bolding a few parts.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
hagee retracted his statements immediately when called on it
from the article:

He broadcast it on one of America’s most widely heard radio programs, “Fresh Air” on NPR, back in September 2006. He reaffirmed it in a radio interview less than two weeks ago. Only after a reporter asked Mr. McCain about this Katrina homily on April 24 did the candidate brand it as “nonsense” and the preacher retract it.
so it's ok to say it more than once, but as long as you pretend you didn't mean it when someone calls you on it (1.5 years later) it's ok? :crazy:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
funny how now the focus is either the timespan or the exact verbiage of hagee, but you won't touch rev. wright. i guess this affirms obama's statement that your fear of black people is "typical"

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
funny how now the focus is either the timespan or the exact verbiage of hagee, but you won't touch rev. wright. i guess this affirms obama's statement that your fear of black people is "typical"
I won't touch Wright? Which parts, exactly? The part about AIDS? Stupid rubbish.

The part about chickens coming home to roost? How Americans get outraged when what happens to the rest of the world happens to us?
Historical fact. I obviously disagree that it had anything to do with God's judgement, however.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
obama is half white... pretty sure that's his rich non-dancing half.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
So far the positive rep from this thread is outweighing the negative.

Mrawrhahahar.

WASP martyrdom is the best kind!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i heard that on npr while going to the liquor store to watch a stripper do some meth.

$5 question: how can they call a state w/ less than 1&#37; of precincts reporting?

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
TOTALS
Unnamed Add-on Delegates ------42
Clinton Superdelegates ----------270.5
Obama Superdelegates ---------296.5
Uncommitted Superdelegates ---187
TOTAL SUPERDELEGATES ----796

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Depends on who's numbers you trust, I guess.

Candidate DCW CNN NBC AP
Obama 300.5 292 293 300
Clinton 276.5 274 277 278

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/
1904 vs 1717 as of this post.

Great article two weeks ago in the NYT on how the close race has actually been a positive for Obama... toughened him, prepped his campaign for the much worse attacks to come, kept him in the spotlight, tested his media savvy, and crystallized his positions. I may eat my words that Hillary was killing the Democratic chances with all her negativity.

The Upside of Being Knockled Around

...Mrs. Clinton, rather than being a spoiler, has in fact been an unwitting mentor to Mr. Obama, a teaching adversary who made him better.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Obama will win Oregon by at least 10 points and if he does lose the inbred vote in Kentucky, it will be by less than 10 points, so he will still be in the lead on Wednesday.

Today is a push at best.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Can she possibly win? I mean is it even technically possible at this point? Throw in the towel, psycho.
She's not the only psycho:

In a full page ad in The New York Times, Clinton's female supporters demanded she stay in the race despite overwhelming odds.

"We want Hillary to stay in this race until every vote is cast, every vote is counted, and we know that our voices are heard," said the ad, paid for by the WomenCount political action committee.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
ya, all votes except those in IA, NV, ME and WA. the *only* way she can claim a majority is counting FL and MI (where Obama gets zero votes in her "count"), and disenfranchising the caucus goers in those 4 states. why is she so hell-bent on seating FL and MI who didn't follow the rules, but discounting the 100,000 some odd caucus goers from those 4 states who *did* follow the rules??

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/democratic_vote_count.html

Obama ahead by 700,000 votes, sorry N8.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
She's not the only psycho:
Let's here it for horribly applied tenacity.

:clapping:

If she is elected president (unfckinglikely) and she had a bad idea, good luck trying to stop her.

"I've arranged a scrapbooking party with Ahmadinejad..."

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
looks like what hillary's run is showing the rest of the country is the division within the democratic party.

there is pretty much a red state/blue state internal split.. this means Obama can't count on more than 55% of the democratic vote come Nov..

McCain will profit nicely

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
looks like what hillary's run is showing the rest of the country is the division within the democratic party.

there is pretty much a red state/blue state internal split.. this means Obama can't count on more than 55% of the democratic vote come Nov..
Red = uneducated racists
Blue = everyone else?

Hillary has captured the redneck/inbred vote. McCain hasn't done that yet, so it's still a fare game.