Quantcast

Hillary -vs- Obama

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Oh yeas, pure gold...can't help myself:

These two ideas (Ms. Clinton is abnormally power hungry and she's finally broken the poor camel's back) are another way of saying: Woman. You have no place here!
..except in the kitchen.

She doesn't have to be a saint. She doesn't need to make you comfortable but please bring me a pillow(or remind you of your mommy) Ewwwww. She only needs this ought to tell it all....needs???? to be president and Ms. Clinton has the qualifications for that. What qualifications, other than the same ones everyone else running had...citizen and old enough
I cheer Ms. Clinton for her courage and audaciousness for attempting the impossible: bringing equality for women in these United States. Ahhhh, she's just another that can't pee standing up!

Last edited:

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Regardless of what kind of screwball stuff the DNC pulls, the voters in MI and FL have a right to have their voices heard, just like everybody else. The DNC should pay for a new vote in those states. The voter must be heard.

I'm a big supporter of the electoral college BTW, it's a brilliant design that ensures citizens of states with small populations still have a voice in our government.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Regardless of what kind of screwball stuff the DNC pulls, the voters in MI and FL have a right to have their voices heard, just like everybody else. The DNC should pay for a new vote in those states. The voter must be heard.
Bull****.

The MI Democratic Party shouldn't have moved their primary. They were warned about the consequences of doing so, and did it anyways. Seating their delegates in any capacity is ridiculous.

I have a little more sympathy for Florida since their primary date was moved up by a Republican state legislature, but you should also recall that the RNC was threatening sanctions against Florida for the same reason.

It's a moot point, anyways. Clinton can't win.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Primaries aren't votes and no one has any rights connected to them vis-a-vis the government. They're party processes. Although there's a connection between the gov and the parties that still eludes me--how come I have to register as a party member when I register to vote?!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
The only thing this has proved is that the primary system is stupid, Hillary will try to twist rules to suit whatever her agenda is (all though I suspect most if not all politicians would do the same and have) and that we have have effectively kept the media busy for 18 months.

No one has been dis-enfranchised or had their right to vote abused by this process. Everybody gets to vote in November on the same day.

BTW, why does Puerto Rico have a primary that can seat delegates, but can't vote in November? And why should they even seat delegates when they aren't even a commonwealth of the US (like, paying taxes) and yet the District of Columbia pays taxes but has no primary or vote?

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
i think puerto rico is a commonwealth. but i still dont see why they can vote in primaries if they cant vote in november.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
HAHAHAHA! How (as of 11:49 am EST), Clinton says that the AP report that she is conceding tonight is total BS!

Will this campaign ever die?
In November I'm writing in my vote for Ross Perot.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
In November I'm writing in my vote for Ross Perot.
for me.

I'm going to make a shirt with the following pearl of wisdom...

"I'll take any motherfvckers money if he's giving it away."

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
HAHAHAHA! How (as of 11:49 am EST), Clinton says that the AP report that she is conceding tonight is total BS!

Will this campaign ever die?
She is going it alone then, because everyone else left.

Clinton field hands who worked in key battlegrounds said they were told to stand down, without pay, and await instructions. Speaking not for attribution because they didn't want to jeopardize their jobs searches, many said they were peddling resumes, returning to their hometowns or seeking out former employers.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It's over...

Clinton ending candidacy, supporting Obama
By BETH FOUHY – 17 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton will end on Saturday her historic bid to become the first woman president but Barack Obama said he won't be hurried into a decision on whether to make her his running mate.

Clinton, in an e-mail to supporters, said she "will be speaking on Saturday about how together we can rally the party behind Senator Obama. The stakes are too high and the task before us too important to do otherwise."

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Oh, it ain't over...

not until the bossy lady sings...

She's just "suspending" her campaign...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!

It'll be a Paul/Clinton or Clinton/Paul independent ticket!!!!!!

Where's that email for the Drudge Report???

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I still think it will be Clinton/Rice on the GOP ticket after McCain kicks the bucket at his first town hall.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Bull****.

The MI Democratic Party shouldn't have moved their primary. They were warned about the consequences of doing so, and did it anyways. Seating their delegates in any capacity is ridiculous.

I have a little more sympathy for Florida since their primary date was moved up by a Republican state legislature, but you should also recall that the RNC was threatening sanctions against Florida for the same reason.

It's a moot point, anyways. Clinton can't win.
FL dimocrats voted for moving it as well, so they can't blame anyone but themselves... they just didn't think that the DNC would actually carry through it's threat to strip them of delegates. Clinton agreed with that until it became apparent that she actually *needed* them.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
i think puerto rico is a commonwealth. but i still dont see why they can vote in primaries if they cant vote in november.
Because you don't "vote" in primaries vis a vis the federal government. You inform a political party of which candidate you'd like to see them support.

Political parties are groups of people, not governmental organizations. There are two big parties in the US and each chooses a candidate of its own accord by its own methods.

Theoretically, if the democratic party wants a chapter in a foreign country, made of foreign citizens, to help select its candidate, it can do that (barring any specific federal law of which I'm unaware). If they want to include PR, they can do that (as evidenced by the fact that they do).