Quantcast

Hip Cool New Art

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
the colors are pretty neat, but to me it's bordering on comic book art.

man that's a little harsh huh.... oh well, it's my opinion.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
ya know what Skook?

I thought the same thing.
And I started wondering why that was a 'bad' thing.

But I also thought that the composition, technique, colors.... everything just fit... and a lot of the paintings bring out an emotion in me.

They definitely are 'dated' pieces. That is, they are very indicative of a specific time period (now)... but I don't think they are trendy.

I don't believe that the artist made these pieces in an effort to fit in with current fads. I truly believe that the artist put a lot of himself into it.

That's why I like them.

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
Very cool stuff, I really like his style. I also love the website, that is an awesome interface that is really appealing visually

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Interesting paintings. As others have said, I like that you can see the artist's thoughts so clearly in every piece (after all, is that not the point of art?); with, in my opinion, underlying themes of disillusionment with our society and deep empathy for those damaged by it, creating a sort of justification, as it were, for some rather cliché situations.

I can't say it does (as) much (as his paintings) for me, but his music is also pretty interesting. I get a bit of a Radiohead vibe from some of it.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Wow that is some real cool stuff. It's hard for me to look at art and start thinking real deep into it (even though im a graphic design major) but his stuff got me thinking about the pieces a lot.

Jabo

Chimp
Jul 18, 2005
Chehalis, WA
good colors. Guy has a thing for brunette people. Nothing wrong with it though.
He seems to have an preoccupation with omnicience. That doesn't speak for all of his paintings, (that I see here) but the ones he seems to put the most detail (painstaking in some spots) are ones that have people gathering in front of a demigod or gathering in large masses in front of their deity. Priests of Preoccupation gives me the idea that you are their messiah and that YOU are judging them. They present their choice of personal poison on display for you to draw your own conclusion. Interesting. The other indication of omnicience is that he is giving you instant insight of the characters emotions through direct images rather than using facial expressions alone.