Quantcast

Hip injury

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
Hey, I was wondering if you know what might be wrong, i am hoping just a overly swollen muscle, but, I was doing a manual x up going pretty fast yesterday, and then my foot slipped off and my cross up caught my foot and somehow threw me over the handlebars onto the curb stuck under my bike, now my right hip is swollen out half an inch and it hurts alot to walk, i was just walking around and fell because my leg gave out this morning and yesterday. I can still pedal my bike sort of, i just have to pedal kind of fast so it wont hurt as much. the bruise is about 9 inches by 6 inches and it sticks out half an inch more or less. I was just wondering if anything similar has happedn to you guys and if you know what the problem is. Reassurance like o it just a lil swollen and nothings wrong would be helpful so i could tell my parents that. But if it has happend 2 u and u no it isnt safe to ride on tell me. I dont wanna go to the doctor and they tell me i cnat ride my bike or sumthin. any help would be great,
thanks
Paul

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Well, there isn't much they can do for you for a broken hip if in fact it is broken. I didn't think mine was and I finished my ride and toughed it out all weekend before deciding I should see if it was in fact broken. It was and they told me 6-8 weeks for recovery. I healed fast and raced again in two weeks. It felt a lot like what you are describing.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
You might just have a deep tissue bruise. I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago and it was sore for a long time. Just watch it and if its not better in a few days, go to the DR.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I would agree with stoney and say go see a doctor. There is nothing better than actually being 100% certain. I dislocated my femur out of my hip socket about 6 months ago, and it wasn't really all that fun. The big issue with anything to do with your pelvis or the hip is that bloodflow is pretty low, and you run the risk of not healing or having your bones die if something is wrong (fractured) and you don't get it looked at. I don't mean to freak anyone out, I'm just a fan of getting stuff looked at for sure. That, and it seems like my bones shatter if you so much as look at me wrong.

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I fell and hit my theigh on a rock really hard during a race, and it had the same pain you are describing. I could peadal my bike and ended up doing a second run of the course but walking was really hard and my leg sometimes gave out, it was also swolen the size of a tenis ball and then later on the whole side of my leg was about an inch out for a cupple days. It was a deep tissue bruise, and I think it was torn as well. I still have a hole/indention in my muscle but it is completely fine.

There is a little more bone in the hip area but hopefuly you have the same kind of thing that I did and that it will, like Kanter said, it will just be a deep tissue bruise.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
You can feel the pain from a deep tissue bruise for months. It can take as long as a year for the deeeeeep pain to go away.

Im willing to bet that is what you have. I have a pic somewhere of my hip after it happened. Ill try and post later.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Defently see a Doctor..... Hip injuries are nasty.... Something that happens quite ofetn is a Partial Dislocation which can feel like a broken hip massive bruise or major back pain..... Hope ya get beter soon
________
MrMuscles live

Last edited: